What's new

iOS5 Cydia Jailbroken, ultrasn0w unlocked - No Service/Invalid SIM

mimili

Reaction score
Hi All,

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 running iOS5 using Cydia (tethered) and unlocked it using ultrasn0w but it is not recognizing my SIM card and I get either an error message saying Invalid SIM or No Service. I have rebooted multiple times and reset the network to no avail.

Any suggestions on additional things I can try? Thanks in advance

Can you confirm what baseband you have from your settings? Its under "modem firmware" in general > about...

If you updated to a stock iOS5 firmware there is absolutely NO way to unlock your phone now. If you rely on an unlock you should NEVER restore a stock firmware as it will likely update your baseband.

If you updated to a stock iOS5 firmware there is absolutely NO way to unlock your phone now. If you rely on an unlock you should NEVER restore a stock firmware as it will likely update your baseband.

I bought the phone as a second hand and it already had ios5 on it. Also I had 3G prior so I don't have ios4 and I think I can't downgrade for that reason

Your only other possible option, assuming Apple keep the 4.3.5 signing window open long enough, is to follow this guide -

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ios5-beta-baseband-04-11-08-04-10-01-a-20452/

IF Apple are still signing 4.3.5 (they were when I last checked), then it will downgrade your baseband to 04.10.01. This baseband can be unlocked with hardware such as a gevey SIM, such as the gevey ultra. IT CANNOT be unlocked with software such as ultrasn0w!

That seems like your only option if you need an unlock. As I said, you need to be quick to make sure you catch the signing window for 4.3.5 whilst it remains open. Once it is closed by Apple there will be no way back, and now that IOS5 is out it is likely to be closed anytime soon!

Your only other possible option, assuming Apple keep the 4.3.5 signing window open long enough, is to follow this guide -

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...ios5-beta-baseband-04-11-08-04-10-01-a-20452/

IF Apple are still signing 4.3.5 (they were when I last checked), then it will downgrade your baseband to 04.10.01. This baseband can be unlocked with hardware such as a gevey SIM, such as the gevey ultra. IT CANNOT be unlocked with software such as ultrasn0w!

That seems like your only option if you need an unlock. As I said, you need to be quick to make sure you catch the signing window for 4.3.5 whilst it remains open. Once it is closed by Apple there will be no way back, and now that IOS5 is out it is likely to be closed anytime soon!

darn it, i just clicked the link and saw that it has been closed. i guess i'll just patiently wait until an unlock comes out for ios5...thank you!