What's new

iOS5 alternative tweaks thread

Hungryghost

Reaction score
If like me you have only just updated to iOS5.01, you are probably realising that some of your favourite cydia apps/tweaks are no longer/not yet compatible with your phone. However it is often possible to find an alternative with similar or sometimes even better functionality. I thought I would start a list to help us find these replacements:

Display Out(mirrors phone screen on TV with comp. cable) REPLACE WITH: TVOut2 Mirror TVOut(BigBoss)

Safari Download Manager(allows safari to download any files) REPLACE WITH: Safari DownPlugin iOS5(insanelyi)

PasteBoard Stacker(allows clipboard history) REPLACE WITH: Action Menu Plus Pack(does a lot more as well; you might want to disable many options otherwise its a bit much)

Mark Read(lets you mark all emails read at once) REPLACE WITH: AllMail(much the same, bit better if anything)

Thats all to start with, please can you add any of your own you've found to help us to adjust to our new OS

Last edited:
there are some that dont work but slowly the devs are porting their applications and since ios 5 jailbreak has been around for a while most of them do work..

I myself am waiting for celeste and thats pretty much it

Any body know of a replacement for
1. Lockdown pro
2. Pop up blocker

Or even know if they work?
Only thing stopping me from updating right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk