What's new

IOS5.1 affect the 4?

steven5224

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 and just wondering if the new update affect the iPhone 4. As in does the 4 get a better life span in battery life or that's only for the iPhone 4S?

The upgrade is for all devices including iPhones (3GS, iphone4, iphone4s. iPads both models and iPod touch that have ios5 installed. If you have an earlier iOS installed then if you use iTunes only the latest version will be installed. If you use OTA upgrade the file size is small and takes about 5 minutes however if you upgrade via iTunes it in fact is a full install not just an upgrade. You must be connected to a power source to use OTA and I suggest as a precaution make sure you are backed up first before upgrading.

Well I did have the latest upgrade. So yes i did have IOS5 prior to this update, but since it fixed or( we think it did) of the battery life does it apply to are phones to or just the iPhone 4S?

The upgrade is not just battery life for iPhone 4s it is in fact an update to fix some bugs and overall improve the iOS on all devices including iPads and iPods. ( please read my original post)

steven5224 said:
I have an iPhone 4 and just wondering if the new update affect the iPhone 4. As in does the 4 get a better life span in battery life or that's only for the iPhone 4S?

I downloaded the new update Friday night
Left home at 11.30am at 100% as I type this it is now 10pm and battery is 85%
So I would say that my iphone4 is considerably better off re the battery
Ed

I will say that it didn't help my phone at all. I have the 4 and I think it got worse. I can normally get all night of heavy use and still be around 60%, I'm at 34 after the update.

I backed up my iPhone 4 this evening and iTunes told me I was up todate with 5.0. There was nothing about 5.01, 5.0.1, 5.1 or what ever it is called.

bc