What's new

Ios update

harke

Reaction score
I hav iphone 4 with ios 5.0 n its locked , n i want tethere jailbrk so i wanna update it to 5.1. Wat sud i do shud i be in 5.0 so that unlock may came to my phone or may i update to uos 5.1 ???? Plz help me plz

The iPhone 4 has an un tethered jailbreak at the moment. I use redsn0w 0.9.10b5.

You could restore and then update your iOS to 5.1 and then re jailbreak but you will have to use the tethered jailbreak at the moment. Tethered is a pain as you will have to reboot every time you power down your iPhone.

My advice is to wait.

The 5.1 brings only small enhancements such as the camera launch on the lock screen and improvements to the fluidity of the iOS.

Many 4s owners were waiting for the battery fix in 5.1 and some say its better and some say its worse !

Your best option is definitely to wait... if you're banking on the possibility of an Unlock for the 4.11.08 Baseband. Updating now will only set back the option to Unlock to god knows when. As far as Jailbreaking 5.0 goes... you can use redsn0w. It's a Tethered JB for 5.0 though.

chunky said:
The iPhone 4 has an un tethered jailbreak at the moment. I use redsn0w 0.9.10b5.

You could restore and then update your iOS to 5.1 and then re jailbreak but you will have to use the tethered jailbreak at the moment. Tethered is a pain as you will have to reboot every time you power down your iPhone.

My advice is to wait.

The 5.1 brings only small enhancements such as the camera launch on the lock screen and improvements to the fluidity of the iOS.

Many 4s owners were waiting for the battery fix in 5.1 and some say its better and some say its worse !

Tx i think i must wait for a while

Thomasjtsi said:
Your best option is definitely to wait... if you're banking on the possibility of an Unlock for the 4.11.08 Baseband. Updating now will only set back the option to Unlock to god knows when. As far as Jailbreaking 5.0 goes... you can use redsn0w. It's a Tethered JB for 5.0 though.

Tx alot bro let me know if u got any idea bout how to unlock 4.11.08 baseband