What's new

HELP ME--how to rejailbreak OS 4.2.1

giegie

Reaction score
I hv iphone4 OS 4.2.1 jailbreak last yr with ultra sn0w n was tethering too..had some issues n crashes with cydia before but was workin fine...recently Att discovered (watever) i was tetherin n wanted to add the tether plan on my account...i was trying to update PDAnet n other cydia apps and in btw my phone stuck n crashed with apple logo..i can't go further bc it is stuck in apple logo now it is not takin me to home screen and worst I don’t hv backup...most of the ppl said i need to restore again which i dont want to cause i hv important info. as well contacts...anyhow i contact with apple tech. they said i need to restore HOWEVER THE ONE APPLE TECH TOLD N GIVE ME ADVISE THAT I CAN REJAILBREAK WITH SOFTWARE....plz help me out n give me your expert advise in such regards... i dont want to restore my phone...all your advise n opnion help me to recover my phone as well for other ppl if they hv same issues….i really appreciated…thnx for your concern ,...

WOW. That was a helpful Apple employee!
Your best bet if you want to try this out (no guarantee it will work) is to rejailbreak using redsnow. You will need to download 4.2.1 firmware from Apple and latest redsn0w tool from dev-team blog. There are tutorials in the hacking forum on how to jailbreak using redsn0w. Just follow the tutorial and run it over the top of your current phone.
This may enable it to boot again...

yea he was very helpful i told him i wana save my data....so you think i should rejailbraek again with same OS 4.2.1 not the back OS 4.0..???

If you are on 4.2.1 at the moment and you want to try this trick, you MUST use 4.2.1 again. Don't try it with any other version! That would be a very bad idea.
All you are going to do is apply the jailbreak again to the current iOS and then reboot. That may kick it out of the current problem. It may not. If it does not work, you will need to bite the bullet and restore to 4.3.3 and re-jailbreak that, but without a backup you will be starting afresh... Make sure you preserve your baseband if that is important to you IF you have to upgrade.

would you plz tell me the link where i can download both saoftware/tools and the tutorial.

thanks for your help..i ll try to download n give my best shot...

Hi Giegie, did this work for you? I'm having the same problem and need to get it fixed ASAP. I had previously jailbroke my iphone 3gs with redsnow 4.2.1 with ipad baseband. I'm stuck in restore mode, but have pictures of my baby in there ;(
Please let me know if this or anything else worked for you. Thanks,

Did you sync with iTunes any time after the photos were taken? If so they are in your backup and can be retrieved from your PC with a tool like ibackupbot.

no man i tried so hard by all mean but didnt restored my phone...and today i reset at apple store to make it work..good luck