What's new

[iOS] i Miss Mommy App Released (FaceTime Simulator)

spiderguy84

Reaction score
i Miss Mommy has just been released in the AppStore! The premise of the app is a simple one. Sometimes your kids may want to FaceTime with their mom or dad, grandma or grandpa, but they are unreachable. Simply have them record a "Call" for the kids in the app. Then, they can receive a call from them, the phone will ring, when answered, it will play the video that Mom dad grandma or grandpa recorded. It will also show an End Call button, and a small window in the corner of the screen, showing whoever is holding the app. This is made so that your children can think they are having an actual FaceTime call! There are 3 categories built into the app: I Miss You, Discipline, and I'm So Proud. When recording the video, you name the file, choose a category, and who is making the recording. This way you can record several videos, some for when your kids miss you, some when they need to be disciplined, and some when they did something good. The other parent simply picks the video, and the phone starts ringing.

Updates are already in the work to record the reaction of the child on the facetime call, with options to play it back later, or upload it to Facebook for others to see.

I have an almost 6-month old, and she loves this app (so my wife tells me). I hope you all enjoy it too, and leave reviews, as many updates will come in the future.

Here is the link for the app

[Moderator edit: Removed link and re-direction social networking site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
A Big update to my app i Miss Mommy. Now, the reactions of the calls can be recorded, uploaded to facebook, saved to camera roll, or emailed. Also, more family members have been added, and you can store pictures in the app to show when the phone 'rings', to further simulate the video call experience.

Spiderguy84:

As you can see, I've moved the update you made - in a new, separate post - to this one. Please read our rules, part of which say:

14.1. We do allow developers to make one post in the iPhone Apps sub-forum (or the iPhone Games sub-forum) concerning a new release or an update of an Apple Store app. However, this is only for one post and all comments and remarks are to be kept to that thread.

14.1.1. If you do post about an app, you may add to your thread if any details on your product(s) change – but you may not start a new thread for the change.

14.1.2. If you are the developer or seller of an app, you may not make multiple posts or advertise your product in any other thread (to include recommending it in another conversation or thread).

Please refrain from making any more posts about this app outside this thread. Thank you.

Marilyn

Here's a
that the app recorded, showing off some of its features.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Mother's Day only, my new app, 'i Miss Mommy', will be free in the AppStore.