What's new

Audio recording with quality of sound from video recording

vysogot

Reaction score
Hi guys! I look for something really specific, it can be an app or some settings changes.

I play drums with my band (+bass, guitar and voice) and we rehearse frequently for about 4-5 hours. We don't have a recording studio, but we do have well prepared room for playing. I have a iPhone 4, which can do one fantastic thing for our purpose. It can record a video with a very very good (quality/price) sound.

I don't know what it is with the native video recorder, but the sound is just decent. And we do play all together at once, we play some loud grunge with flying plates and muscular bass and the iPhone video recorder does the trick.

But videos take a looot of space, so I was looking for something that can record all session and 4 hours is too much for a video. I tried many apps: Voice Notes, iRig (pro), airloop, GigBabyFree, BlueFiRe and SoundCloud. They are all ******** when it comes to record the half-open hi-hat.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe someone already had this problem. Please help! Is there any simple application that just records audio but with the quality of native video recorder?

If not, is there anything that you can recommend - that you know it works, no suggestion of "maybe" are appreciated, sorry. And I don't want to wrap my iPhone in paper or buy a external microphone.

Cheers,
Kuba.

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!!!! :)