What's new

iOS Beta 3 available now!!

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Registered Apple developers can now download iOS 5 beta 3, which is also known by its lesser known name of “build 9a5259f.” The newest version for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices also coincides with an updated beta version of iTunes 10.5. Among the notable new features, fixes and issues in the new version of iOS 5, according to the release notes:
  • Push and local notifications for apps appear in the new Notification Center in iOS 5. Notification Center displays notifications that are considered “unread”. In order to accommodate push and local notifications that have no “unread” status, developers can use their application badge count to trigger a clearing of notifications from Notification Center. When an application clears its badge count (by setting it to zero), iOS 5 will clear its notifications from Notification Center.
  • iMessage beta 3 will be unable to communicate with iMessage users on beta 1. It works between beta 3 and beta 2
  • Modal alerts donÂ’t appear for iMessages.
  • When tweeting your location from Safari and exiting before the location can be established, the location arrow will stay in the status bar. The arrow can be removed by killing Safari from the task switcher.
  • FIXED: The Reminders application does not send notifications for reminders that are based upon the entry (and/or exit) of a location if there is no date associated with the reminder.
  • In this beta the option of “Choosing a security question” is not working during an iCloud account setup.
  • FIXED: After creating a recurring event locally on the device, the device stops syncing after hitting an error on merge. Removing and re-adding the account acts as a workaround for this.
  • Restoring from a Seed 1 backup or earlier will cause MobileMe/iCloud calendars not to sync. Subscribed calendars will show up in Calendars but none of your event calendars will appear in MobileCal. To work around the problem please remove and re-add the account.

No One seem to be excited by the news... I know I am... And I am downloading as I type right now!!! Will update everyone about this by evening when I am able to upgrade after I reach home....
Love my iPhone 4 more now.....

Any idea where a non-developer can get a copy?

I am a non-developer and i managed to get a copy, google might be your best bet if you want to locate the .ipsw file. I am assuming that your UDID is already activated so the developer that activated your UDID will have the file get in touch with them. PM me if you need more help.

I was able to activate my UDID and download the file - however when I go to restore it via iTunes - it fails and puts the phone in restore mode. I tried this several times but nothing.

I have a Verizon iPhone 4. Any help - greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dom

I was able to activate my UDID and download the file - however when I go to restore it via iTunes - it fails and puts the phone in restore mode. I tried this several times but nothing.

I have a Verizon iPhone 4. Any help - greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dom

Dom: I think you did not upgrade your iTunes for the purpose. You will have to upgrade your iTunes to 10.5 beta 3 to be able to upgrade to iOS 5 beta 3. All of these betas came with iTunes betas and each one need a different itune beta for being able to upgrade. Hope that helps.. Lemme know if you need more help

So excited for the new ios to be released!!! Its about time they improved the notification system.

Is there anyway I can get this update as well? I know I am not a developer but I love my new iPhone and want to keep it up to date

Hi I'm also from non developers group . I have upgraded to iOS 5b2 . Everything ok I get access to applications etc but I lost career and iTunes doesn't sync it. Can anyone help me to activate it properly .
Thank you so much..

Please be aware we donot provide support if you have not followed developers guidelines for install of ios5 beta. Software.

Ios5 will ne released in the fall so please wait until then

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I have iTunes 10.5 beta3 I installed iOS v activated it but lost network service . Help me now