What's new

iOS Apple still signs

Since you're on the 3G, upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 instead of staying on 4.1. Did you activate the iPhone before jailbreaking? And did you select the IPSW before jailbreaking.

The device has always been on 4.2.1. My cousin was using it there in the US, so I guess its activated. I followd all steps exactly as you said. Now redsn0w cant even go on from the pacthing of the kernel, when it orders the device to reboot it wont. It gets stuck there. I restore a custom firmware with iTunes, it always end up on the emergency calls screen

If you're on iOS 4.2.1, you don't need a custom firmware. Custom firmwares are generally for iPhone 4's or when you're downgrading. If you're just restoring to the same iOS, you can use a clean IPSW.

Do you know how big are the ipad´s baseband files? I´m getting trouble to install the baseband. Is there any other way to install it appart from redsn0w? Can I download them without redsn0w?

Flashing the baseband requires a specific method to be done. Unless you have developer access and tons of developer experience, doing it manually will brick your device.

I´ve tried 4 times and redsn0w never updates the baseband. I´m trying once again so will let you know. One thing, I finally did the jailbreak BUT unticking ¨Deactivate¨ and I´m quite sure this is what put the iphone into emergency calls only

Are you still using the custom IPSW when selecting it to jailbreak and flashing?

When I did the jailbreak I didnt tick to install the ipad´s baseband. I´m trying to install it now by selecting the stock IPSW and ticking that option. It downloads the baseband file, does the process and reboots the device but does not uograde the baseband to 06.15

You have to flash the baseband and jailbreak at the same time. You can only downgrade the baseband without going through along with the jailbreaking process.

That's your problem there. For iphone 3G on 4.2.1 you need redsnow 0.9.6rc8 or rc17.

All later versions of RedSn0w can do what previous versions have done. I've jailbroken and flashed several 3G's using 0.9.15 beta 1 without a problem.

All later versions of RedSn0w can do what previous versions have done. I've jailbroken and flashed several 3G's using 0.9.15 beta 1 without a problem.

Redsnow 0.9.6rc17 (although I myself prefer to use 0.9.6rc8 for iPhone 3G) is the most stable redsnow available when jailbreaking or doing anything to a iPhone 3G. Later versions are called betas for a reason. Musclenerd considerably overhauled redsnow after the 6rc line adding tons of new features and new exploits for newer firmware jailbreaks and devices. With any software when you introduce a bunch of new features bugs are going to happen. No one I know would suggest using redsnow 0.9.15 for a iPhone 3G, except for the feature to downgrade the iPad baseband back to 5.13.04.

Answer me this. If all later versions can do what previous versions have done why would MuscleNerd leave older versions available on the dev teams download site? Wouldn't be much point to do that if what you say is correct ;)

Last edited:
can u give me a link to download this redsn0w version?