What's new

iOS 9 keyboard?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've just installed the iOS 9 public beta but I can't get to work the cursor moving feature on the keyboard... When I tap with 2 fingers nothing happens and 2 keys actually get pressed... I'm on an iPhone 6 plus. Can anyone help me?

You have to tap with both fingers on the keyboard, and then drag both to any direction. This will move the cursor on your screen.

You have to tap with both fingers on the keyboard, and then drag both to any direction. This will move the cursor on your screen.
Is there some kind of trick to this? I can't get it to work, no matter what I do.

Is there some kind of trick to this? I can't get it to work, no matter what I do.
I was trying it on my iPad, and it worked. When you put your fingers on the keyboard, it will change to this:
image.png

Then you're able to move both fingers on the keyboard, next to each other, which will move the cursor.

I've been told on the reddit forum that it's an issue for the public beta actually and that's written in the release notes... Which I have no clue on where to find... Don't know yet if it's on Beta 3 as well, would like to know this if anyone knows. I don't know whether this issue is only for iPhones or for iPads as well, but I believe it concerns iPhones only

I'll have to try my iPad when I get home. It doesn't work on my iPhone, though.

Did you try landscape mode as well?
It works on my iPad Air 2 that's on iOS 9 beta 3, but it won't work on my iPhone 6 Plus, which is also on iOS 9 beta 3, in portrait or landscape mode.

It works on my iPad Air 2 that's on iOS 9 beta 3, but it won't work on my iPhone 6 Plus, which is also on iOS 9 beta 3, in portrait or landscape mode.
Thanks for the info, I was just about to try beta 3... You've just saved me from a long evening! I really hope they get it back though, I've really virtually tried iOS 9 just for that one feature sadly