What's new

IOS 7 Wifi Issues Iphone 4s

marcalhon

Reaction score
Hi there, I own i iphone 4s, and since the upgrade to ios 7.0.3 the wifi was gone. It works some minutes, if the phone gets very cold, but after that, nothing

Anyone knows a way for fixing this

Thanks in advance

Was the upgrade via iTunes, via Settings or a fresh restore

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Hi there, I have made it first via iupdate in itunes, then I have a lots of fresh restores to check if any thing could be done, but still nothing

Was the upgrade via iTunes, via Settings or a fresh restore

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Restore afresh, but do not restore the backup. See if the issue still exists.

It may be a hardware issue if that's the case. If your device is still under warranty, you can have it replaced. If your 1-year manufacturer's warranty is over, you can still bring it to a Genius Bar to have the diagnose to see if the issue is indeed a hardware issue, then you can explore options from there. Also check your network setup, and possibly resetting your router

To the top!!!

I have a 4S and am having issues with my wifi connectivity as well. I ran with wifi on all the time so that I was on either home or work network, and not placing a drain on the Verizon Network (I have unlimited Data [grandfathered in] so the motivating factor was purely speed.) I searched and found this thread:

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4s-forum-77/wifi-issue-59569/

It sounds like the hardware has failed. That being said, my problem is that going into the Settings and attempting to turn on the wifi will result in one of two scenarios: 1. The wifi slider will not be clickable. 2. The slider will be, I will slide it to the "on" position, the phone will start to ask very slowly, possibly freeze (requiring a Power/Home button reset), and then when I have forgotten all about the issue and go to look at the phone, it will have powered itself off.

Swiping up from the home screens, and selecting the wifi icon will result in an illuminated icon, and not much else...

I had an update (7.0.4) that was awaiting a wifi connection that I finally did via iTunes. No change in performance or connectivity.

What say you iPhone mentors? Is the wifi chip cooked and I am in need of a new phone to get wifi?