What's new

IOS 7 for iphone 4

saintdawson

Reaction score
Hello iPhone forum, I was wondering if any one could tell me if my iPhone 4 would be supported for iOS 7 since its right around the corner? I was hoping it will so I can live out the iPhones contract with new iOS. And if it does support does any one know what new features might come with the iOS?

Hard to tell. The 3GS has a high chance of being phased out, since iOS 6 was basically a "meh, I guess it'll be okay on the 3GS" from Apple. The 4 does have an improvement over the 3GS in terms of processor speed and a bit on RAM, so I don't see why not. It doesn't have a dual core processor since it's not on the A5 chipset, so that might play a role in whether or not the 4 will support 7.

Ok thanks for the quick reply. Now at least I know that my iPhone may have a chance

I wouldn't go as far as saying that iOS 7 is "right around the corner." However, I think it's safe to assume the iPhone 4 will support iOS 7.

Around the corner would probably be pretty soon considering the rate that Apple is spitting out iOS updates to keep up with the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini support. I'd say by the time Spring comes, we'll probably be on iOS 6.2 if not 6.3 (assuming we're going to get that far)

Or keeping the hacking community pinned down with the constant updates