What's new

iOS 7 for iPhone 4, a blunder

diesel

Reaction score
It's too slow in iPhone 4. The entire UI lags and the phone has become really slow. Even while typing on the new keyboard. Apps with still the old keyboard such as this one, have no lag in typing.
I think iOS 7 upgrade for iPhone 4 was a mistake they need to fix.

It's too slow in iPhone 4. The entire UI lags and the phone has become really slow. Even while typing on the new keyboard. Apps with still the old keyboard such as this one, have no lag in typing.
I think iOS 7 upgrade for iPhone 4 was a mistake they need to fix.

Actually it isn't. The issue is that iOS 7 needs to reindex your entire phone. Which means if you have a lot of Mail, Text Message and Photos it could take up to a day to finish doing it. Which makes the iPhone very laggy until it finishes.

BTW, this happened on my iPhone 5S for 5 hours because of how much data I have on it. And my 5S is 9 times faster than your 4. So give it about 2 days and then try it out.

I don't have much of anything at all on my 4 compared to a lot of people and I've had iOS 7 on it since the day it came out. It's still laggy. Some of what appears to be slow response is due to the transitions that they added in 7, but there are times when the phone just plain freezes for several seconds before things catch back up. It's one of the reasons that I decided to bite the bullet and order a new 5s. Maybe that's what they had in mind. :)

Actually it isn't. The issue is that iOS 7 needs to reindex your entire phone. Which means if you have a lot of Mail, Text Message and Photos it could take up to a day to finish doing it. Which makes the iPhone very laggy until it finishes. BTW, this happened on my iPhone 5S for 5 hours because of how much data I have on it. And my 5S is 9 times faster than your 4. So give it about 2 days and then try it out.

I have always restored to a new iOS by doing a fresh restore. I never restore using a back up. So basically my iPhone didn't have anything in it when I upgraded to iOS 7. And about the time period, I have iOS 7 since day one of launch.

I don't have much of anything at all on my 4 compared to a lot of people and I've had iOS 7 on it since the day it came out. It's still laggy. Some of what appears to be slow response is due to the transitions that they added in 7, but there are times when the phone just plain freezes for several seconds before things catch back up. It's one of the reasons that I decided to bite the bullet and order a new 5s. Maybe that's what they had in mind. :)

I agree with you lol

It's the same problem that occurred on the iPhone 3G when the iOS 4 update came out I think.. The phone couldn't keep up with the new os. If forced me to upgrade to the newest iPhone at the time, which was the iPhone 4 at that time.
Didn't have any probs with iOS 7 on the 4S...

But I also, Just got a 5S on launch day. I heavily recommend it.

I don't like the idea of buying a 'S' iPhone. Reason being, it looks like the one launched an year ago and if I buy it now I'll be missing a 'different' design next year. Therefore 3G and then a 4. Didn't get 5 as I couldn't afford it at that time.
Should buy the 6 now :)

And I hope Apple fixes these issues in iOS 7.1 by compromising on these transitions and other such features which slows it down.
Btw I never experienced such lag with Auxo and Bulletin installed in my iPhone 4 a couple of months ago in iOS 6

Resolved my keyboard lagging issue after upgrading to iOS 7 by encrypt backup via iTunes and reset my iPhone as new before restoring from backup. Works wonderful for the keyboard now.

So basically its not recommended to update ip4 to ios 7? :) I am on ios 4 and I don't have blobs for any firmware.

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk