What's new

Ios 7 charging problem

jolly123

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Here is my question,wonder if anyone else faced this problem too...
As u all know in previous version ,near battery icon , we saw an icon when the battery charges completely so we unpluge the phone...
But here in ios 7 i've been waiting plenty of times too see when thats ganna be complete and where is that icon,but never has been shown...
So is that just mine or yours too?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Hey guys,
Here is my question,wonder if anyone else faced this problem too...
As u all know in previous version ,near battery icon , we saw an icon when the battery charges completely so we unpluge the phone...
But here in ios 7 i've been waiting plenty of times too see when thats ganna be complete and where is that icon,but never has been shown...
So is that just mine or yours too?

Mine same... all ios7 in my house same.... how do you know the charge is complete? Because at 100% the previous os charge for a period after that, and then it shows it's finished....

I surfed the web. Looks like the 100% shows that it's fully charged. I assume that Apple updated the program that it switches to 100% when the previous ios6 shows the "fully charged" symbol.... Am I right with my assumption?

I surfed the web. Looks like the 100% shows that it's fully charged. I assume that Apple updated the program that it switches to 100% when the previous ios6 shows the "fully charged" symbol.... Am I right with my assumption?
I got an app from appstore,batterydoctor.
I tested it while the percentage is 100% , seems enough to unplug,but the app warned me about 30 minutes more to get completly charged!

As far as I know no applications can tell what charging state the battery is in (Consumer grade Lithium-Ion batteries have 4 stages).

Plan to run a test with a power monitor to see what is going on with iOS 7 versus how it used to work under iOS 6. I'll post the results as soon as possible.

Bad news. My iPhone 5S hit 100% battery percentage and it is still in the tail end phase of Stage 2 charging based on the wattage being drawn right now. Which means it will need about another 10 to 15 minutes to reach Stage 3 (or monitor stage) for the charging circuit to shut down.

Charging circuit has turned off. Took about 12 minutes after hitting 100%. Ok, NOW I dislike iOS 7's charging status change over iOS 6.

Charging circuit has turned off. Took about 12 minutes after hitting 100%. Ok, NOW I dislike iOS 7's charging status change over iOS 6.
So ur telling us thats enough to wait about 12 minutes after hitting 100% to unplug?

Personally I would go with 15 minutes to be safe.
Well thank you for sharing,i would totally keep that in mind. Hope to fix this stupid bug in the next version!

Last edited:
I have a non-Apple wall unit that will accept 2 USB plugs plus 2 standard AC plugs. It has a red light that goes out when the iPhone (or iPad) is fully charged. Should I leave my phone plugged in an additional 15 mins or so on this one also?

The light probably goes out when the amp draw falls below charging levels. So that would probably imply that the battery is fully charged.