What's new

iOS 6 Promises Big Changes for iPad and iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_6.JPG

BGR has an excellent round-up today that pulls together some of the key facts about iOS 6 that have been leaked so far, as well as some of their own predictions, with BGR stating that Apple will for sure be launching the new software at its WWDC next week. Among some of the main predictions by BGR is that the user interface theme will get a makeover, going from blue to silver, bringing it into line with the iPad’s user interface. Another prediction is that Apple will be launching a new Maps app, replacing the current Google-branded app with its own in-house Maps app, complete with jaw-dropping 3D option. Some features that we haven’t heard so much about until now, but which BGR’s Jonathan Geller is expecting, include automatic app updates, an iCloud keychain that syncs with iOS and Mac, and iCloud tabs. Facebook integration is another feature that is expected to be announced for the new iOS 6, which won’t be popular with everyone. Another recent rumour centers around Siri coming to iPad as part of iOS 6, as well as new Siri functions for the iPhone version, maybe even API access for third-party developers, BGR speculates. Already sounding like a pretty massive update, isn’t it?! Well, that’s not even all we can expect, according to BGR, who also mention 1080p AirPlay mirroring, live app icons, inter-app communication, and widgets in notification center. If we even get some of that, this update is going to make a lot of iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users very happy!

Source:
Apple iOS 6: What to expect from Apple's new mobile OS at WWDC

This will be the first time a major ios update will be released and no new iphone.. just 6 more days to find out

Well i don't really see much there in being a major update. So hopefully it gets something more then some trivial stuff.

I dont think if it was Trivial apple would announce it at the wwdc.. but it could even be ios 5.2/5.3 so you never know

I dont think if it was Trivial apple would announce it at the wwdc.. but it could even be ios 5.2/5.3 so you never know

True it could be ios 5.2 or 5.3 cause if thats all that is going to be or some other little tweaks, its not a major update, more like little tweaks here and there.

I do hope ios 6 has Major Updates not just little tweaks here and there.

I hope it comes with qwerty keyboard calibration feature which allows users to customized the keyboard layout.

My problem is typing M or L, quite often mistype DEL button. The auto spelling correction feature can't amend this error because of the deleted preceding letter.

I hope it comes with qwerty keyboard calibration feature which allows users to customized the keyboard layout.

My problem is typing M or L, quite often mistype DEL button. The auto spelling correction feature can't amend this error because of the deleted preceding letter.

This is ios 6 not an actually hardware, I will be surprised if apple announce a new iphone. but a physical keyboard would ruine the iphone imo.. and actually it can be easier to type with the software keyboard rather then having an actual keyboard, plus apple allow the pairing of bluetooth external keyboard's, I have even used an apple keyboard or you can get special cases that also act as a keyboard and phil has done some great reviews on them..

I really hope apple bring more from jailbreak to a stock ipsw such as allowing us to change the default browser and simple things that we have had available for ages via jailbreak.

This is ios 6 not an actually hardware, I will be surprised if apple announce a new iphone. but a physical keyboard would ruine the iphone imo.. and actually it can be easier to type with the software keyboard rather then having an actual keyboard, plus apple allow the pairing of bluetooth external keyboard's, I have even used an apple keyboard or you can get special cases that also act as a keyboard and phil has done some great reviews on them..

I really hope apple bring more from jailbreak to a stock ipsw such as allowing us to change the default browser and simple things that we have had available for ages via jailbreak.

My wish list is that iOS v6 allows users to customized the qwerty keyboard layout. Certainly not hardware feature of course!!!

Another wish list is the search capabilties have some features of Blackberry OS 6 where it compile search results related to contact person; such as email correspondence, SMS, Facebook posting, MSN messaging and display them in single screen sorted by date/time.

That would be cool 😃

My wish list is that iOS v6 allows users to customized the qwerty keyboard layout. Certainly not hardware feature of course!!!

ah ok my mistake then :)

Another wish list is the search capabilties have some features of Blackberry OS 6 where it compile search results related to contact person; such as email correspondence, SMS, Facebook posting, MSN messaging and display them in single screen sorted by date/time.

That would be cool 

That really would be.. ll spotlights are on apple wwdc and how well they will do after tim cook took over and the not so impressive 4S upgrade. But are apple going to change maps? a lot of people seem to think so and I hope it has some type of voice navigation a long with it with what ever they use, google are introducing 3D maps so will apple use that if they dont ditch google maps?

Either way I am trying not to get my hopes up so that if all these features I am hoping for are not released I wont be too let down heh.. But on another note I also think that the iphone 4 is really going to start lagging on ios 6 and its already pretty bad on ios 5 but ios 6 will be its last major ios update so it will for sure be soon time to upgrade for us 4 users to either the 4S or wait for the next device.

ah ok my mistake then :)

That really would be.. ll spotlights are on apple wwdc and how well they will do after tim cook took over and the not so impressive 4S upgrade. But are apple going to change maps? a lot of people seem to think so and I hope it has some type of voice navigation a long with it with what ever they use, google are introducing 3D maps so will apple use that if they dont ditch google maps?

Either way I am trying not to get my hopes up so that if all these features I am hoping for are not released I wont be too let down heh.. But on another note I also think that the iphone 4 is really going to start lagging on ios 6 and its already pretty bad on ios 5 but ios 6 will be its last major ios update so it will for sure be soon time to upgrade for us 4 users to either the 4S or wait for the next device.

That's true about the 4. I've noticed that after every update mine has got more and more laggy. Kinda sucks actually because I love my phone but hate lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk