What's new

New Photos of iOS 6 Maps 3D App

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
6892-ios-6-maps.jpg

BGR has exclusive photos today of Apple’s brand new Maps app which is due to appear in iOS 6, replacing the current Maps app which is made by Google. BGR says that aside from obtaining the exclusive photos of the app in action, it has also heard from sources that the new app will have a new navigation bar, which will be silver, rather than the blue bar in the current Maps app. This also leads BGR to speculate that maybe Apple will be changing the overall colour scheme in iOS 6 from blue to silver. BGR says that it has also heard that the Apple Maps app will have a floating “locate me” button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Accessing the 3D mode will be very easy, all you will have to do is go to the turned-up corner in the bottom right of the screen, exactly the same as you do now, and enable the 3D setting. You will then be able to toggle in and out of 3D mode simply by touching a 3D icon in the bottom-left corner.

Source:
Apple Maps iOS 6 -- 3D, coming this summer

Report: Apple

very impressive I must say but I really hope that maps will include voice guidance in ios 6 or the next ios update that will be announced in june