What's new

iOS 6 Promises Big Changes for iPad and iPhone

How come pod2g is posting ios6 beta releases if it's gonna come in October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me a cross over from blackberry tend to favor enhancements for usability. Though I missed the BB keyboard, the benefits in iPhone far exceeds BB. Certainly welcome any enhancements that improves typing speed and global search capabilities.

I am a bit concern over the current 500mb memory in 4S because currently it often reaches above 95% utilisation. I have to manually kill the apps to free up memory. With iOS 6 I hope it has better memory management otherwise.

I won't be surprise if iOS 6 uses more graphics processing because if I remember correctly the current 4S has quad graphics processor. At this moment I think most apps doesn't utilize these graphics CPU except for games. Well it would be nice to see what are the new 3D maps & cool and interactive interfaces that iOS 6 going to bring us.

Me a cross over from blackberry tend to favor enhancements for usability. Though I missed the BB keyboard, the benefits in iPhone far exceeds BB. Certainly welcome any enhancements that improves typing speed and global search capabilities.

I am a bit concern over the current 500mb memory in 4S because currently it often reaches above 95% utilisation. I have to manually kill the apps to free up memory. With iOS 6 I hope it has better memory management otherwise.

I won't be surprise if iOS 6 uses more graphics processing because if I remember correctly the current 4S has quad graphics processor. At this moment I think most apps doesn't utilize these graphics CPU except for games. Well it would be nice to see what are the new 3D maps & cool and interactive interfaces that iOS 6 going to bring us.

You are wasting your time killing apps to free memory. iOS keeps memory filled ON PURPOSE to save battery life. You are actually hurting the performance of the phone by doing what you are doing.

iOS 6 will not use any more GPU power than iOS 4 or 5. There is no need. There are no widgets. No active wallpapers. I doubt that iOS will ever need more than one core. Games are the only apps save for 3D mapping and CAD that need GFX horsepower.

How come pod2g is posting ios6 beta releases if it's gonna come in October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BETA releases for developers are made available several months before public releases.

They have to be so we can test and update our apps...

Release is some time in the fall.. so sept/october time and I will be surprised if no iphone is released with it. Apple have held back firmwares on some devices and with good reason, I remember every one was mad that apple did not plan to release ios 4.XX on the 3G and it turned out to be a huge mistake when they did because the firmware lagged like crazy and was not usable so if apple hold back a few features or dont even release ios 6 for the ipad one and 3GS then I trust apple are doing it for good reasons probably similar to why they never wanted ios 4 on the 3G