What's new

iOS 6 for 3GS

Spitfirespl

Reaction score
my g/f has the 3GS and wants to get iOS 6 for her iPhone but shes been reading from others that have the 3GS, that when the update is done it is erasing all thier apps, photos, contacts and pretty much everything that wasnt on it from factory. does anyone know of a way to do this update without loosing everything on her iPhone?

she did run into this issue when she did the iOS 5 update.

Last edited:
Spitfirespl said:
my g/f has the 3GS and wants to get iOS 6 for her iPhone but shes been reading from others that have the 3GS, that when the update is done it is erasing all thier apps, photos, contacts and pretty much everything that wasnt on it from factory. does anyone know of a way to do this update without loosing everything on her iPhone?

she did run into this issue when she did the iOS 5 update.

As long as there's a complete and proper backup & Sync via iTunes... there's no chance of losing any data or information previously stored on her 3GS.

You've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

Plug the phone in and open up iTunes. ITunes will create a backup of the phone automatically, but for piece of mind, right click the phone and choose "Backup". Now you can update. Once the process has finished, you'll be prompted to start using the phone as new, or to restore it from a backup. Choose the backup you just created, and viola!

ok thanks guys, i'll give it a go this weekend and let ya know how it goes.