What's new

iOS 6.1 to iOS 6.1.2

diesel

Reaction score
Hi guys I am on iOS 6.1 and didn't update to iOS 6.1.2 when it was still being signed by Apple as I didn't want to loose my place in Mailbox app que.
anyways now that I have the app I want to update to 6.1.2 because not only am I having wifi issues in 6.1 but also my two year old iPhone 4 has slowed down so this time I want to just do a clean restore without any backup (except for iCloud's backup of Mailbox app) and no jailbreak!
I have tried almost everything but it keeps giving errors from 3194, 20, 11 to 1600 and the one where it says the phone isn't eligible for this build.
I tried fetching blobs from redsn0w but it can't fetch any as apple stopped signing it :/

Any ideas what I can do to overcome this problem?

P.S. I don't want to update to 6.1.3 because I never know when I want to jailbreak my phone again.

If you didn't save the SHSH blobs then you are screwed. You shouldn't had waited to update to iOS 6.1.2 when it was being signed because of a lousy app like Mailbox.

lol true. Being lazy has its consequences.

So basically my last resort is going back to iOS 6.1 fresh restore?

Ok I just saw that cydia is showing iOS 6.1.2 shsh :eek:

If you didn't save the SHSH blobs then you are screwed. You shouldn't had waited to update to iOS 6.1.2 when it was being signed because of a lousy app like Mailbox.

I have the saved shsh blobs but redsn0w is saying iOS 6.1.2 isn't compatible for stitching :/

RedSn0w's Restore feature should work regardless of what iOS you're on. As long as your device is a 4 and not a 4S, you can restore to any iOS with the appropriate blobs. Make sure you're on RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Run RedSn0w as an administrator, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW. For blobs, click Remote. It should say that the device requires Pwned DFU mode to continue and you'll automatically be pushed to the Pwned DFU page. Put your device into DFU mode and the Pwned DFU process should start. Once you're in Pwned DFU, the Restore process itself should start as well. If not, simply head back to Extras > Even More > Restore, re-select the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW for your make of iPhone 4, select Remote for blob retrieval, and click Next.

Once the restore is done, you'll need to kick it out of Recovery Mode with a Recovery Fix.

Alternatively, you can restore to iOS 6.1.3, then downgrade back to 6.1.2. Process is still the same as above, just that you'll have an extra step in restoring your device before doing so.

RedSn0w's Restore feature should work regardless of what iOS you're on. As long as your device is a 4 and not a 4S, you can restore to any iOS with the appropriate blobs. Make sure you're on RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Run RedSn0w as an administrator, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW. For blobs, click Remote. It should say that the device requires Pwned DFU mode to continue and you'll automatically be pushed to the Pwned DFU page. Put your device into DFU mode and the Pwned DFU process should start. Once you're in Pwned DFU, the Restore process itself should start as well. If not, simply head back to Extras > Even More > Restore, re-select the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW for your make of iPhone 4, select Remote for blob retrieval, and click Next.

Once the restore is done, you'll need to kick it out of Recovery Mode with a Recovery Fix.

Alternatively, you can restore to iOS 6.1.3, then downgrade back to 6.1.2. Process is still the same as above, just that you'll have an extra step in restoring your device before doing so.

I tried this but apparently each time I select the 6.1.2 or 6.1 it ends up at the end with an error saying that recovery mode couldn't be found or something like that. I tried everything but no luck.

If possible, retrieve the SHSH blobs from Cydia and PM me them on a hosted link. I'll give it a go.

Doesn't matter which method, since they retrieve it from the same source.

EDIT: Give this a go. Dan's downgrading from iOS 6.1.3 to 5.1.1. But the process is basically the same, as you'll be using the Restore feature as well. Instead of downloading the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW, you'll be downloading the IPSW of your choice granted you have blobs for it.

Last edited by a moderator: