What's new

Ios 6.1.2

The utility is updated and ready for download on the Evasi0n site and in my sticky in my sig. The update isn't available in Cydia yet.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361343278.074311.jpg

Does this mean I can update without re-jailbreaking

When upgrading your iOS, you'll always need to rejailbreak your devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Folks, Is it possible to download 6.1.2 iOS on computer and update later iPhone from computer? I am asking because I will have iPhone 5 in April. Probably iOS 6.1.3 will be only available to download , so I want to download only 6.1.2 cos' It is Jail-breakable. 6.1.3 will patch up exploits so my only chance is with 6.1.2 iOS.

Sent from Apple iPad 4

You can't downgrade A5+ devices with the exception of the iPad 2. It doesn't matter if you have the blobs for it or not.

You can't downgrade A5+ devices with the exception of the iPad 2. It doesn't matter if you have the blobs for it or not.

I am thinking about this situation: On my device I have iOS 6.1.1. In April only version of iOS will be 6.1.3. My question is: Can I upgrade my iOS 6.1.1 to iOS 6.1 .2 , even if I have on web only version as available 6.1.3?

Sent from Apple iPad 4

Last edited:
The time of download of an IPSW doesn't matter. You can download the iOS's IPSW any time. You can download the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW now, and use it later, which is the exact same thing as downloading the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW when you get your device. It doesn't matter since iTunes does not look at when you downloaded the IPSW, it looks for the proper SHSH Blobs and APTickets. Even if you have the SHSH Blobs saved for iOS 6.1.2, you cannot perform a custom upgrade to iOS 6.1.2 once the signing has closed because there's no exploit to take advantage of to install custom IPSWs on A5+ devices