What's new

ios 5 update factory reset my phone?

Brian4

Reaction score
just tried to update my iphone 4 to ios 5 and it factory reset. help!!

It is supposed to.

Then you tell it to restore your last backup.

That way the data is injected in the new format needed by iOS 5.

i dont see an option to restore my backup

Very odd. Since every time I have used iTunes there is a restore button always displayed.

so what am i supposed to do? if i click on the iphone on the left panel it asks for verizon wireless account information to activate the phone

if i right click, the only option is to eject

Brian4 said:
so what am i supposed to do? if i click on the iphone on the left panel it asks for verizon wireless account information to activate the phone

I think that's normal for ios 5 I was asked the same thing when I installed it. But I just restored from my backup like f4780y suggested.

eject is the only option i have if i right click on the phone

Did u try restarting ur pc and connecting it again. It should of asked u to choose which to restore from.

Take it from me there is no way. I even did a backup to the Iphone and I Pad. When IOS5 updated it deleted my backups. Not been the first time with Iphone. Go to Droid.

FeMeyden said:
Take it from me there is no way. I even did a backup to the Iphone and I Pad. When IOS5 updated it deleted my backups. Not been the first time with Iphone. Go to Droid.

What? Go Droid. I updated my iPhone twice to ios 5 and my iPad once without one error. I still have my backups from may. So I don't believe that's right.

Once again a first time poster saying something they can't backup much less prove.

I fixed it. Thanks guys! Restarting my computer worked. I came from android. Trust me when I say I would NEVER go back.