What's new

iOS 5 Gold Master Due End of September, With Apple to Release iPhone 4S in October?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_N94.JPG

MacRumors reports that according to a research note from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is due to send the gold master, i.e. final version, of iOS 5 to its iPhone and iPod touch manufacturers in a timeframe stretching from September 23 to September 30, with the launch of the next iPhone scheduled to happen in mid-October, once the assemblers have had sufficient time to install iOS 5 on the hardware. This is nothing new, as many analysts and pundits have been predicting that the iPhone 5 will be launched in mid-to-late October. However, as 9to5 Mac points out, one thing that Kuo says in his note that is somewhat surprising is that he has not seen any sign of the rumored redesigned iPhone in the supply chain, rather that his sources believe that Apple will in fact be releasing the N94 prototype, aka the iPhone 4S, rather than an iPhone 5. Kuo says that this phone will have a 3.5 inch display, the same as that of the iPhone 4, and that it will also have a glass front and back, not the aluminum back that many have been predicting.

Source: Apple Sending iOS 5 to iPhone Assemblers at End of September, No Sign of Redesigned iPhone 5 - Mac Rumors

Hmm.... Kinda sad about no iphone 5... Hopefully that part is Incorrect

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Hmm.... Kinda sad about no iphone 5... Hopefully that part is Incorrect

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

It wouldn't surprise me, though. Apple generally uses a given design for more than one generation of hardware. The iPhone 4 with a dual-core SOC would be a beautiful thing, IMHO.

Of course, I am really fond of the iPhone 4 design; so i'd love to see it live on with more modern hardware. It is the only truly distinctive handset on the market.