What's new

IOS 5 Features

What new technologiyes or updates will iPhone 5 brings to us? Will it more expensive than iPhone 4?
Expecting for it now!
Sorry for a serial of questions.

Will the next iPhone signal strength be better then the iPhone4?

Great write up icrank. Lots of good changes. I would have loved to see speed dial added, where you assign a phone number to a dial pad number and all you have to do is hold the desired number to dial it. IOS5 is going to make jailbreaking less needed for most users, IMO.

One of the huge issues I have is the lack of space in folders. I'm kinda OCD about my phones organization. I'd love to see unlimited room in folders..... Not stuck to a certain amount.

I know they probably are leaving it to 12 so none of the apps are hidden unless you scroll. Just because some idiot at APPL can't remember he had an app doesn't mean the rest of us will....

You want Apple to add in multi-paging (requires more memory) to folders when that very feature already exist in the Springboard? I am pretty sure their design choice is not because someone will forget, it is because memory on the 3G & 3GS is at a premium already.

Anyone know what resolution the cam will be? The iPhone cam has always been pretty poor by many standards and I'm hoping they are willing to step it up in the new release. I love my 8mp cam on my DROIDX, in fact it was one of the main deciding factors in getting it. With the awesome display on the iPhone, and with all the power and functional photo apps, it would be a shame not to equip a decent camera. In my opinion of course, and I guess I am a bit biased towards camera features, being a photographer and all.

danielgfreeman said:
Anyone know what resolution the cam will be? The iPhone cam has always been pretty poor by many standards and I'm hoping they are willing to step it up in the new release. I love my 8mp cam on my DROIDX, in fact it was one of the main deciding factors in getting it. With the awesome display on the iPhone, and with all the power and functional photo apps, it would be a shame not to equip a decent camera. In my opinion of course, and I guess I am a bit biased towards camera features, being a photographer and all.

Are talking about the iPhone 4's 5mp camera? I thought it was one of the better smartphone cameras in the that range. But 8mp is nice, I have the HTC Inspire 4G and the camera is really good. But I have no doubt that iPhone will have a 8mp camera this round, and offer more features with it.

Yeah I have seen some reviews of the iphone4 being good, but I prefer the cam on my DROIDX in comparison.the images seem to be sharper and of course the added resolution doesn't hurt. The camera on my ipad2 is completely horrible for stills and it's not great for video unless you are in very bright natural light from my experience, which is fine because who wants to hold up a book sized camera to take a photo? Viewing photos is fantastic though and I use my iPad to view my photos all the time before during and after making edits and adjustments. I have a feeling that the new iPhone will have a larger resolution, but I really have no proof to back that up. Anyway, I have high hopes for the new iPhone and the camera will not be a deal breaker for me even it was to use the same cam as previous iphone4 because the iOS is much more reliable than my current android and just so much more fun!

You want Apple to add in multi-paging (requires more memory) to folders when that very feature already exist in the Springboard? I am pretty sure their design choice is not because someone will forget, it is because memory on the 3G & 3GS is at a premium already.

It already exists in springboard? I am no longer jailbroken. I'm also still kinda new to the JB scene. Springboard is only a go when you've JB'd correct? I know I had infinifolders when I was JB. Now that I'm not, that's probably the one thing I am missing the most.

NICE comprehensive list iCrank! :) THANKS FOR YOUR TIME ON THAT! and I spy that Redskins avatar! WOOT! Fellow Skins fan here!! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net