What's new

iOS 5.0.1 seems WORSE on battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely seeing a decrease in battery life on my iPhone 4S with the new iOS updates. Long story short, I had the 16 GB, now I have the 32 GB. Both had an exceptional battery life in the beginning, then slowly began to decline with the iOS 5.0 update, then worse with the 5.0.1. For example, I began using my iPhone around 1:00 PM today & the battery life is currently at 19%, approximately 9 1/2 hours later. When I first purchased my iPhone 4S back in October, I was really impressed with the battery life, especially when compared to my old android phone, which would never last throughout the day. Now it seems that the iPhone is slowly headed that way as well. I do have several apps installed, which is why I had to trade my 16 gb in for a 32 gb, which I suppose could contribute to the battery situation. On the android, there was an app called task killer that would shut down all apps running in the background. I'm not yet familiar with how the iPhone works in regards to apps and battery life. I hope they get this matter resolved. In the meantime, I will continue to charge my battery in the evening when it inevitably shows the battery life as under 20%.

I have 4s 64gb and 5.0.1 update. With wifi and 3G off I'm getting 2% drop per hour and thats without any usage ( I tested it on a car journey)

With 3G on this morning, I got a drop of 1% every 5-10 minutes. following a full charge i made a 60 second call and used safari for 3 minutes, yet my usage showed 45 minutes (about the same time 3G was on).

I also noticed compass, diagnostics & mobile services have accessed locational services in the last 24 hours.

I deliberatly didnt upgrade my 4s as i had a feeling it might make things worst and due to the fact that the jailbreaking communty warned against it. With ios5.0 i get very good battery life, wifi on all the time, email poll every 30mins, push notifications on for ebay, facebook and a couple of other apps and moderate use throught day and still get about 1.5 - 2 days on a full charge.

Haha :s sorry was just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm just lucky....

I find it interesting that I can use my phone all day with, what seems to me, an appropriate amount of loss. But at night it sometimes loses 15-20%. Very odd. Seems to me still that this is a software bug.

I find it interesting that I can use my phone all day with, what seems to me, an appropriate amount of loss. But at night it sometimes loses 15-20%. Very odd. Seems to me still that this is a software bug.

that might be that issue with icloud moving data in the middle of the night as its been reported

Must be software issue still. 5.0.2 is supposed to come out by the end of next week lets see if it fixes the battery issue like 5.0.1 was supposed too

I hope 5.0.2 fixes the battery issue. In 25 minutes of browsing the web I'm down to 95% from a full charge.

Must be software issue still. 5.0.2 is supposed to come out by the end of next week lets see if it fixes the battery issue like 5.0.1 was supposed too

5.0.2 is a RUMOR. Apple hasn't even released a BETA to us developers. The odds of ANYTHING being released next week is ZERO to NONE. BTW, the hint on why my statement is true. Next week is Thanksgiving.

+1

Battery got much worse over here after 5.0.1. Was fine with 5.0 but not anymore :(

Sent from my iPhone

My battery was lasting 24 hours pre 5.0.1 now not so much. The past 2 days it is down to 5 % by end of the day. After a full nights charge it is not at 100% yesterday it only charged to 97% today it was 94%. Now it is down to 92% after less than an hour off he charger. Only activity is a couple of text messages and iCloud backup. I was very pleased with the battery life before this update now I am just annoyed.

So from all these threads I have concluded that 5.01 is worse off from 5.0.0? Is this correct?

This has been my experience as well!

When I first got my phone the battery wasn't even lasting a day. Went to Apple store (before they admitted there was a problem) and geek showed me how to close apps and turn off individual location services. Following that, I could go about two days on my battery.

I read that there was an update to IOS 5 to fix the problem, and got the notice on my iphone as well. I installed the update. What a mistake! I am back to one day (or less) on battery life. Sad part is that usage wise, I'm hardly using it... especially for high energy items.

Also, I can lose battery life not even using the phone.... It will be fully charged and I can go back and look a while later and see the battery level reduced. Not using an app, just the phone battery icon.

How do we get the word to Apple to make them do something. I have an awesome phone I can't hardly use without constant charging. Geez. I am sooooo bummed.

My phone was better before the update as long as I kept apps closed and location services to a minimum.

Lynda​

Status
Not open for further replies.