What's new

iOS 5.0.1 seems WORSE on battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My battery was lasting 24 hours pre 5.0.1 now not so much. The past 2 days it is down to 5 % by end of the day. After a full nights charge it is not at 100% yesterday it only charged to 97% today it was 94%. Now it is down to 92% after less than an hour off he charger. Only activity is a couple of text messages and iCloud backup. I was very pleased with the battery life before this update now I am just annoyed.

Yah, I wish I hadn't done update! I was good until the update. And, it loses battery without doing anything since the update.

I deliberatly didnt upgrade my 4s as i had a feeling it might make things worst and due to the fact that the jailbreaking communty warned against it. With ios5.0 i get very good battery life, wifi on all the time, email poll every 30mins, push notifications on for ebay, facebook and a couple of other apps and moderate use throught day and still get about 1.5 - 2 days on a full charge.

I was gonna wait, wish I had!!! Battery was great until I did the battery fix update.... They really messed something up. The worse part is losing battery without use! Something is not right. I wish I'd come to this forum before I updated.... To those who haven't, I'd wait!

Btw, can I downgrade 5.0.1 to 5.0.0 ? if it's possible so how can I do that? Thanks

minhdang_star said:
Btw, can I downgrade 5.0.1 to 5.0.0 ? if it's possible so how can I do that? Thanks

You can try resetting the phone. If you do this it will go to factory settings and you will lose all your content.

>> Go to setting
>> General
>> scroll to the bottom tap reset
>> Tap Erase all content and settings

If you do this you can not restore for backups on the cloud or iTunes, or you will get those same bugs. Download everything manually from the phone, and setting your phone up as new on iTunes.

If you all would like more information on this topic check out this forum: Apple is aware of battery life problem on 4s and iPhone 4.

Hmm - pretty sure my battery improved to
36 - 40 hrs of standby. That is WITH the Time Zone/Locators etc Fully ON.

You Still have to be real careful of apps running in the background tho. I made the mistake of leaving 5 on overnight and the battery dropped from 40% to under 5%.

I bet Richard Solo is doing a booming business selling those spare batteries lol.

I'm the OP, and on day #1, it was really bad... the battery % was going down like crazy... since then it seems like its stabalized and is the same as 5.0 or even a bit better.

Same here, GoPackGo (also--11-0, yeah!) I got my iPhone 4s last weekend, immediately updated to 5.0.1, and my boyfriend is starting to get a little sick of me raving about my battery life. Charged my phone before going to bed last night, unplugged it, checked email/FB on my phone, forgot to close the programs, and went to bed, got up 11 hours later (my cat's been annoying this week, so I needed to catch up on sleep) and it was down to 99%.

NewdestinyX said:
Everybody needs to ditch this thread and follow the main battery life thread in the Discussions forum. You'll find a lot more answers. The moderators don't want us to start any more battery threads...

I'm surprised they haven't closed it already.

p3unit32 said:
I'm surprised they haven't closed it already.

This is one of the battery threads. So we won't close it.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Status
Not open for further replies.