What's new

iOS 4.3

sony007

Reaction score
Well I'm hearing the new update 4.3 can be JB already, not sure if it tethered or untethered but from what I read thus far it sounds like it's untethered. As anyone heard anything or updated to 4.3 and tested it out?

That would be sweet, I'd just upgrade to that and jailbreak since 4.2.1 is taking so damn long.

This is from another forum:

An unofficial version of PwnageTool has just been released which allows you to jailbreak the recently released iOS 4.3 beta firmware. Currently, the jailbreak is supported on iPhone 4 only. Support for other devices will follow soon.

For those of you who don’t know, this version of PwnageTool uses Geohot’s bootrom-based Limera1n exploit which has already pwned all current iOS devices for life!

WARNING NOTE: This unofficial version of PwnageTool (with custom bundles) wont preserve your old baseband. If you rely on an unlock, stay away from this release. Proceed at your own risk only. We are not to be held responsible if you end up bricking your iPhone.

Follow the instructions below to jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3 beta using PwnageTool:

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes.

Step 2: Now start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your PC or Mac so that it backs-up all your important data including settings, apps, music, contacts and photos.

Step 3: Download PwnageTool (http://www.mediafire...3mhym1mauh0s9vc) and iOS 4.3 beta for iPhone 4 (devs only). Move all these files to your desktop.

Step 4: Start PwnageTool in “Expert mode” and select your device:

PwnageTool-4.3-4.png

Step 5: Browse for iOS 4.3 beta firmware for your device as shown in the screenshot below:

PwnageTool-4.3-1.png

Step 6: Now select “Build” to start creating custom 4.3 firmware file:

PwnageTool-4.3.png

Step 7: PwnageTool will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone which will be jailbroken.

PwnageTool-4.3-2.png

Step 8: Now follow the following steps to enter DFU mode:

Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
You device should now be in DFU mode

PwnageTool-4.1-3.png

Step 9: Start iTunes, click on your iOS device icon from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold left “alt” (option) button on Mac, or Left “Shift” button if you are on Windows on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes and then release this button.

Update-iPhone-4-4.2.1-4.png

This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3 file. Select the required custom .ipsw file and click on “Open”.

Step 10: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 4.3 on your iPhone. Your iOS device screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. After the installation is done, your iPhone will restart automatically and you should now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3 beta.

Can anyone find a link to d/l ios 4.3 ?

Can anyone find a link to d/l ios 4.3 ?

Some Points

1, This method is from another "Forum", if its not a devs site.. its untested and not legit - Get ready for potential issues if you want to test it

2. IOS4.3 is a Beta OS for Developers only - Its covered under Piracy laws and linking it here would be against forum rules.

3, Be patient

4.2.5 will be released with Verizon on th 11 Feb.I give this 4.3 beta no more than 20 days to be sorted.Then its WHOOPLA JB 3.10.01. Yep

I remember reading something about the 4.3 software (forget where it was, maybe here) but with the "Find my iPhone" app, I guess now you can also find your friends? Anyone else hear or read about that?

yep there is a post about it in the news section but i find nothing in the beta os