What's new

iOS 4.2 Released!!

noob question.... do i have to un jailbreak my iphone 4 to update it? cuz i tried and it aint working. ggrr. thanks bunches :)

noob question.... do i have to un jailbreak my iphone 4 to update it? cuz i tried and it aint working. ggrr. thanks bunches :)

The only way to unjailbreak is a restore. Your best bet will be to restore then rejailbreak.

4.2.1_8C148 is the same as the gm, i wonder if they changed anything

Last edited:
Im new here.
Some Qs

If i update to 4.2 what kind of data will i lose from my phone?
Pics, sms, #s, Notes, apps will stay?

Also, you guys talk about jailbreak release. Is that JB for 4.1 or 4.2?

Im new here.
Some Qs

If i update to 4.2 what kind of data will i lose from my phone?
Pics, sms, #s, Notes, apps will stay?

Also, you guys talk about jailbreak release. Is that JB for 4.1 or 4.2?

If you use update you lose nothing if you restore you lose it all but if you back up first you can then restore to the back up and again lose nothing, ATM it's just 4.1 but 4.2 is coming soon

i need help i tried to update my phone to 4.2 and it said there was an error and it needed to restore back to original settings. so i clicked restore. well now the screen is stuck on a usb pointing towards itunes on the screen and it says the restore didnt work. someone please help my phone is what i depend on most. :( i think im gonna cry.

thanks i called apple. said the file (4.2.1 file) was tryin to work as administrator but my comp stopped it. i got it fixed :) woohoo.

Thanks, just updated mine, it went without a glitch. Everything seems to be OK, but I haven't had much time to evaluate the difference.