What's new

iOS 4.2 for iPhone

mumiea

Reaction score
When will we can get the latest os for iPhone,, anybody know??

november. thats all any one knows.. maybe the 17th? just a guess since the 4.2 GM was released on the first of november and usually there is around a two week break before release though from betsa 3 and gm there was 3 weeks. so it could really be anytime.. anything atm is just a guess

some german dude predicts tomorrow as release date, but then they also said the 9th... he has some screen shot showing the 12th, tones of websites has the news but well see

The Core OS layer, the Core Services layer, the Media layer, and the Cocoa Touch layer. The operating system uses roughly 500 megabytes of the device's storage, varying for each model.

Sorry, the terms (... layer) used above mean nothing to me. I'm just not geeky enough (and I don't mean that in a bad way.)

In the video recommended above I just don't see anything that, to me, is worth the hassle of the update and re-jail breaking. The update files are larger than my provider allows for a 24 hour period unless I get up and download it after 2:00 AM during 'free time.' I'll wait until an update that actually does something.

As I said... that's just me. But thanks for the info.

There's more to it than in the link I sent you. Those were just little extras the devs have been finding while playing around with the beta 4.2. It's more an update for the iPad as they still don't have alot of the features the iphone has since 4.0 like gamecentre.

The ability to play music and print over wifi will be included. Think these are the two major things for the iPhone...