and my contacts are getting deleted just anytime,
Thankfully I have a backup via Microsoft Exchange
But this deletion is happening everyday
And is quite frustrating

Can u give me permanent solution for this,
I was much happier with 4.1 also 4.2 doesn't allow
Me to assign contacts to groups.

Please help.

I was much happier with 4.1 also 4.2 doesn't...........

I've read about several serious issues with the new OS. Wi-Fi seems to have problems with some people with 4.2, then there's your issue. Others report mail handling problems of various types.
I'm staying with 4.1 until I get a new phone! 4.1 works perfectly, and who really needs the Find My Phone capability!

In that case how do I go back to IOS 4.1 can u help

In that case how do I go back to IOS 4.1 can u help
No idea, Rinku. Maybe some of the "experts" here can help. I don't think that the "backup" which is done within iTunes can revert the OS back to 4.1 even if that backup was made with 4.1 (since the iTunes backup does not include the OS). Right, experts?

I'm curious about an answer for your problem likewise, even though I will never upgrade to 4.2!

It must be a random thing, I have upgraded with no issues whatsoever and i have quite a few friends who also have upgraded smoothly. So what can I say, I symphatise with you.

I just upgraded to 4.2.1 3 days ago and yesterday all my contacts mysteriously disappeared?

Last edited:
Rinku, are you still having those problems with losing contacts and reverting back to 4.1? I was hoping some "know it alls" would have replied, but didn't happen.
As I wrote, I won't be upgrading to 4.2 due to the sporadic problems many users have had. But I'm still curious how someone like you could revert back to the previous version.

Maybe it's got something to do with SHHS Blobs, as posted elsewhere, if you can believe that!!!! Thanks Apple!

Tick the box 'sync contacts' in iTunes when you phone is plugged in then press sync. Your contacts will reappear. iTunes will never delete anything unless you ask it to. Before every sync, upgrade or restore iTunes will make a backup of everything you've ever done to customise your phone. You just need to tell it what to put on it.

As for downgrading apple doesn't allow it. It's to stop jailbreakers as apple frowns apon this. If you want to downgrade you need to save your SHSH blobs. I believe you have to be jailbroken to do this. Ironic eh...?

*edit* I forgot, tiny umbrella let's you save your SHSH's with out jailbreaking...

Last edited: