What's new

iOS 4.2 delayed?

how do you get it to update to betas and gm's instead of having to restore?

You have too restore so just backup and sync so your phone stays the same. Also make sure it's a GM because if it's just a beta you will need your device registered to a dev account to activate.

nah its a gm i got it directly from apple :)

ios_4.2_gm_seed_iphone_4__8c134.dmg

sucks because its taking forever to install all my apps, official version will i have to restore again?

Not until 4.2.1 or whatever comes out next. I don't think it will do it automatically. You will just have too restore to get it back to auto updates.

it does seem to have a problem with print function, wifi printer is right next to the iphone and on and the iphone does nto detect it..

apple have added a bunch of new sms tones also... still cant put your own in there

Last edited:
I think thats one reason why apple don't give exact dates...

I think thats one reason why apple don't give exact dates...

exactly.. then ppl complain when a rumoured date turns out to be false ..

but apple released 4.2.1 today so there are still bugs. another week at least hopefully this gm 4.2.1 goes well

I wont be updating until the jailbreak is released and confirmed for 100%. I know that the same exploit is supposed to work until apple upgrade the hardware but I just like to be sure everything works 100% before I do...

I wont be updating until the jailbreak is released and confirmed for 100%. I know that the same exploit is supposed to work until apple upgrade the hardware but I just like to be sure everything works 100% before I do...

well its a GM version not official.. so there might still be some bugs.

i used to have to wait for jb to update, now i update and dont care if i lose my jb :)

Well the official 4.2 might be released in time for christmas. Lol

I would miss a lot of things if I loose my jailbreak...

Well the official 4.2 might be released in time for christmas. Lol

I would miss a lot of things if I loose my jailbreak...

i miss them but can live with out them..

i read some where apple will record those who jailbreak and refuse to help them with certain things...

they really are getting desperate to stop jailbreakers since they cant stop it with new hardware or software upgrades, every time they try they fail

Last edited:
Apple have been trying to find away of how to record if an iPhone has been jb or not. So far a fresh restore seems to work as my 7-8 3GS went back to apple ok. Lol

I read a year or so ago on patently apple that apple had submitted some sort of patent and that one of its uses could be to find out if an iphone had been jb even if the user had restored. Of course apple didn't put that in their patent application but the boffins at that site are wise to apples ploys...

Apple have been trying to find away of how to record if an iPhone has been jb or not. So far a fresh restore seems to work as my 7-8 3GS went back to apple ok. Lol

I read a year or so ago on patently apple that apple had submitted some sort of patent and that one of its uses could be to find out if an iphone had been jb even if the user had restored. Of course apple didn't put that in their patent application but the boffins at that site are wise to apples ploys...

apple put so much effort to stopping jailbreaking and they never will.. if they put this much effort into helping its users who install any app they want we would be ok... but apple have to be so stupid

It's all just cat and mouse really. It will go on for as long as people are using iPhones. As you say if apple put as much effort to listening to what people want instead of telling them what they dont need it would make life easier for all...

yup thats true, but if apple cave over now they are showing the jbers won, it wont look good on apple