What's new

iOS 4.2 delayed?

iGaz

Reaction score
Apparently iOS 4.2 has been delayed until at least the 16th due to a problem encountered with the iPad's wifi?

Can anyone put some more light on the subject...?

Well the dev build that fixes the issue is already out.... So I have my fingers crossed for next week....

That this Gold Master or somthing then? Don't know much about betas...

I've been reading up on this. Apparently the snag is the wi-fi on the ipad hence the gm going out and I have also read that it is now fixed. The general feeling from forums is next Tuesday.

Ok. Thanks guys...

Been doing some reading up on this as well. Seems like tuesday will be the day then.

Read somewhere cydia has been updated to work with 4.2 aswell? Hopefully it's not just behind the scenes to get it to work. It's been needing an update for some time...

16th is the general feeling from what I've read yes...

Now that I just got my new iPad....I'm really ready for it to come out!! Didn't realize how far back the iPad software is.... I miss multitasking :)

I thought the iPad was on the same bar as the iPhone until I did some reading. It's terrible that the iPad doesn't have the same stuff the iPhone has had for ages. You would think the iPad would of got the star treatment when it came out...

lol danny, i used an ipad at the apple store i was like where is multi tasking!!!!

gaz thats what i thought also before they anounced the delay that it would be the 17th though... hope they are right and it is the 16th, though i think this update wil be more for the ipad with printing and so on...

I'm really looking forward to this update. I hope they'd have all of
the bugs of at least most of the major ones ironed out by the time
they finally release it so that the delays would not be in vain.

Now that I just got my new iPad....I'm really ready for it to come out!! Didn't realize how far back the iPad software is.... I miss multitasking :)

No way! I'm a super-novice-rookie apple owner, and I got my first Ipad a day BEFORE you? Ha! anyway, agreed about the multitasking... Nice on the iphone4, missing it on the iPad. Btw, just curious, you gonna jailbreak an iPad? If so, any specific benefit? My first gripe is not being able to create folders to organize my photos. I thought I saw an app for that but now can't seem to relocate it. Thinking maybe cydia has a good fix?