What's new

iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak for iPhone 4

claynz

Reaction score
Is there a jailbreak out yet for iOS 4.2.1?
I am getting confused with all these tethered, un-tethered and semi-tethered also baseband versions etc.
I have a Jailbroken 4.1 with baseband 02.10.04, can I jailbreak now?? I proberly wouldn't worry about this updates iOS version but it fixes skipping songs while play in my car stereo.

There is a jailbreak but it's tethered. Better to stay on 4.1 if you want to jailbreak or rely on unlock...

In the same boat, 4.1 with baseband 02.10.04, don't know what to do to update not update? IT doesn't really allow JB phones but he understands I'll accept responsibility for my phone. So I can't ask him becasue he is totally stock and with every update. I like all the JB option's so should I leave everything alone if it is working great?

if you dont care about unlock there is no harm updating, unless you dont want to go with out jailbreak

No avail I deleted something that flashed and started deleting everything out of cydia like when you see a computer erasing itself in the movies. Then all that would happen is the silver apple of death flashing back and forth, I put phone in df mode and flashed it with limeran1 JB it but the apple would still flash, I put phone in same mode 5 times but no avail finally only way to even get phone to respond was to restore and install new update (blah , now I'm stuck and have too wait for a JB) Thanks for all your help I really do appreciate it and am probably more upset about loosing all the movies I've downloaded but haven't synced or watched yet.

Can't wait until JB again.........

John T.

Did you know if you clicked the 'make my life easier' button in cydia you can go back to 4.1...?

Did you know if you clicked the 'make my life easier' button in cydia you can go back to 4.1...?

Cydia is gone from my phone and I thought you couldn't downgrade back to 4.1?

If your blobs are saved via cydia or tiny umbrella then yes you can. I don't know how to do it as I've never had to myself. There is a way though...

Cydia is gone from my phone and I thought you couldn't downgrade back to 4.1?

i did know.. but now.. no hope at all, i accidentally upgraded my iOS to 4.2.1 -.-

iOS 4.2.1 is no upgrade in my opinion for only having it installed on a clean phone and only a few apps verses the 975, 3500 pic's 25 movies (DVD ones) numerous iPhone video's too many JB tweaks too count and only 5 gb on the phone this new version is pathetic...... battery life is worse than ever, stock programs are slow to work and deleting some emails it almost is non responsive. If this is supposed to be an upgrade give me my old iOS.

Really can not wait to JB again.

iOS 4.2.1 is no upgrade in my opinion for only having it installed on a clean phone and only a few apps verses the 975, 3500 pic's 25 movies (DVD ones) numerous iPhone video's too many JB tweaks too count and only 5 gb on the phone this new version is pathetic...... battery life is worse than ever, stock programs are slow to work and deleting some emails it almost is non responsive. If this is supposed to be an upgrade give me my old iOS.

Really can not wait to JB again.

for me the find my iphone app alone made it worth upgrading seing as its free for the ip4.

Lol wat is the point of find my iphone it doesnt have no benefits! Wt is the point when it only tells u where you idevice is if you lose it you cant find it!

if you lose it you cant find it!

That the whole point. You can long in from any PC or mac to find your phone. Or download the app to any other iDevice and it will tell you where it is.

It does have its limitations though. It will only work if your phone is turned on and has a signal...

Lol wat is the point of find my iphone it doesnt have no benefits! Wt is the point when it only tells u where you idevice is if you lose it you cant find it!

you can find it thats the whole point, people think because its an app on the iphone u need a second device to locate it but really you can use ay computer with a web browser!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you need to do is set it up on ur phone in the mail settings then add mobileME an use ur itunes account, then with the same info login here : https://auth.me.com/authenticate?se...rm&returnURL=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubWUuY29tL21haWwv

then u can remotely wipe ur phone or send it messages...etc