What's new

Invisible icons

zuluwhiskeyfox

Reaction score
Strangest thing. I have these invisible icons on my SB. They are scattered about on different pages. If i touch one of them it opens Safari in a blank page. I know where they are as when i touch and hold on an icon until it wiggles then the little x appears to delete it. Where are they coming from? More of curiosity at this point. But i can see where they might become a problem.

Attachments

• $image-3846165225.jpg
    $image-3846165225.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 412
did you install a new theme on the phone recently? if yes or even if not, try to uninstall all themes from your phone then respiring of hard resent it see if it will display the icons well or not. I strongly suspect your theme or a theme to be causing that trouble on the phone.

Maybe you have accidentally saved some blank pages in Safari to the desktop, as a shortcut. With no data, they would be blank, and when tapped, they would take you to a blank page in Safari.

bab2010 said:
did you install a new theme on the phone recently? if yes or even if not, try to uninstall all themes from your phone then respiring of hard resent it see if it will display the icons well or not. I strongly suspect your theme or a theme to be causing that trouble on the phone.

This is sort of what I'm afraid of. Hoping someone else has seen this and has the answer.

Pocobear said:
Maybe you have accidentally saved some blank pages in Safari to the desktop, as a shortcut. With no data, they would be blank, and when tapped, they would take you to a blank page in Safari.

I thought about that being a possibility as well. There are just to many of them. I could see one or two perhaps. Then maybe. Trouble is they are multiplying like rabbits.

Starting to see a trend. The rabbits get busy when i respring. Going to try a reboot when I get home tonight. Maybe the tether will tie up those rabbits.

Reboot had no effect. Tried it several times. They definitely appear after a respring.

I think I may have found the fix. I removed something called "libdisplaystack". Don't know how it got installed to begin with. Reading the description of what is for just made it suspect.