What's new

Introducing myself & observations

Davidbiz

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an Apple newbie. I have been a PC user and an Android phone user and have recently made the jump to a Macbook and iphone 5. I read so many posts where people have decried the iphone 5 for the map App, the camera flare, the lack of storage capability...one thing I haven't heard too much about, and the one reason I made the change...is PERFORMANCE!!!! The iphone is the smoothest, fastest, cleanest OS on the market...bar none! I don't care how big the Razr Maxx screen is, or the bells and whistles on the Samsung Galaxy....I have played with them all and there is always a time when they freeze up or hiccup while flipping through screens or booting apps. The tight controls Apple keep on their hardware is often criticized but it's precisely those tight controls that maintains the integrity of the device performance.

I guess this is a long-winded way of saying...Hallelujah!! I'm a convert! :)

Welcome to the Forum. I recently sold my iMac and am back with a PC. My iMac simply didn't have enough real memory and was slowing down quite a bit.

I too have been using Android phones. I've had 3 of them, still actually have 2. I love the iPhone 5 but I have to give a nod to my Bionic, heck of a good phone, best Android phone I ever had.

I think that when Android introduced the Motorola Droid that was at the time the best phone available. Better then iPhone. And up until the iPhone 5 came out I didn't see much reason to switch. 4s was interesting but the 5 is just great.

I'm not a photo or movie taker that much so the cameral is just fine for me.

Anyway, welcome to iPhone, glad you found us.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm also blown away by the quality of the Voice Memo app!!! I do Voiceovers and I got an ASAP audition through email. I was sitting in the Costco parking lot and grabbed the phone. I recorded on the Memo app and emailed it directly into my agent. The quality was just as good as my home studio!! Unfortunately the spot was cancelled, so can't make it a total miracle story! ;) But I do love this phone!!!!

Very cool!! Just goes to show you what smartphones are capable of these days... and how truly integrated into our lives they've become. Sorry to hear about the part, though. The next one will definitely be yours!! :)