What's new

Problem with perpetuated mms texts from iPhone

willymac830

Reaction score
First, I am not an I-phone user. I have a Consumer Cellular "dumb" phone that has the virtue of being extremely economical. It's through an AARP program.

I joined the forum because my son recently swapped his beloved Blackberry (R.I.P.) for an iPhone. He uses Verizon.

The problem is his phone texts my phone 4 or 5 times a day with a variation of "visithttp://www.viewmymessage.com/webgui/vm.ml?m=. . .to read your new mms." The URLs are all 88 characaters, include my phone number, and--if I successfully enter a verbatim copy of the URL into a browser--I get to see the image of a measurement form from a tuxedo shop. Since this all started when he originally sent me the web address for the tuxedo shop he is using for his nuptials, I assume he sent the original mms and somehow the phone or system is sending it periodically.

I need it to stop. I have long since gone to the website, downloaded the form and got my measurements. My son swears he is not sending them and I believe him. The messages come at all hours of the day and night, at least 2 came while he was performing surgeries.

I'm not sure which version of the iPhone or OS he is using. But he made the transition to a new iPhone within the last two months. I can get the information if it is critical.

Any solutions? Your help will be appreciated.

Last edited: