What's new

Internet Conection problem

iphonegirl06

Reaction score
Hello ,I have an iphone 4 with version 5.0.1 and now i am living in a dorm where the internet conection is wireless.In order to get conected to the wireless i have to complete in safari the user and pass.A few weeks ago when i entered safari and typed Google, the page from the dorm automatically came and i had to complete the user and pass in order to get connected to the internet.Now when i type Google nothing happens... and the pages is white...There is no other way for me to connect to the internet ,just by entering that page and typing the user and pass..But that page is not loading.. Nothings happens.What can i do in order to solve this problem?Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Close safari completely from the multitasking bar, then go to settings> safari> clear history and clear cookies and data. After that perform a hard reset. Your safari should respond after that.

Close safari completely from the multitasking bar, then go to settings> safari> clear history and clear cookies and data. After that perform a hard reset. Your safari should respond after that.

thank you very much for your answer , but what do you understand by hard reset'?
How can i proceed it?
thanks again...
i will try it now

Hard Reset is holding the Lock & Home buttons together for 10 seconds... then release both. Your phone will restart & come back to the lock screen after a short period of time (less than 1 minute).

Turn off wifi and try to access google or yahoo on your safari using your sim card internet. If safari load google successfully, then it could just be an issue with your school network where you iPhone see the wifi signs and connect to it but no package is exchanging within the wifi signal

ufff...do you have any other ideea? it's still not working :(:(:(:(:(:(

or in order to explain the situation better....the way i am getting conected it's like the way you get conected in a starbucks cafe or mc'donalds ( maybe not in all , but in a lot )
You have to open a safari webpage ...so that the page from the internet opens and you can either click on "accept" or something like that... or you give the user and pass.

And the problem is a few weeks ago it worked without problem...
Than i did jailbreak to it and it stoped working.
After that i updated it to 5.0.1 ( so there is no more jailbreak) but the internet conection is stil not working...

Turn off wifi and try to access google or yahoo on your safari using your sim card internet. If safari load google successfully, then it could just be an issue with your school network where you iPhone see the wifi signs and connect to it but no package is exchanging within the wifi signal

I did it this way ...and with my 3G internet it's working..
but the wifi not... And other colleagues who have iphone ,have no problems..
So i think the dormitory internet is working...
the problem is with my iphone...
And the uinternet on the laptop has the same way of conection ...and it's working...
We open any internet browser and the main page of the internet is apearing, than we type the user and pass and are conected...

What else could i try in order to repair my iphone and have internet again?

Ok the last thing you can try is to go to settings> general> reset> reset network settings/ or better, reset all settings/ if after doing that it still not working then backup your iPhone with your iTunes on your computer and do a factory reset. Do not restore your back up after the factory reset but try to access your dormitory Internet first, if it works then go ahead with the backup restore and and check after that if your dormitory wifi is working on your phone or not.

Ok the last thing you can try is to go to settings> general> reset> reset network settings/ or better, reset all settings/ if after doing that it still not working then backup your iPhone with your iTunes on your computer and do a factory reset. Do not restore your back up after the factory reset but try to access your dormitory Internet first, if it works then go ahead with the backup restore and and check after that if your dormitory wifi is working on your phone or not.

thank you very much for your suggestion... i did both things but it is still not working :(( i am driving crazy here , because i don't know what else i could do...
When i enter safari it is written "Turn on cellular data or use Wi-Fi to access data" and after that "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server"

And i can not understand why a few weeks ago it worked and now it is nor working anymore...

I did jailbreak on it...and the next moment i could not conect to the internet again...

Could that be the problem?

But after restoring and updating the software i don't have jailbreak anymore...
What shall i do?
Should i go to an apple store?
My iphone is now like a brand new one...all settings are reset...restore done...no back-up done... it has nothing on it...