What's new

Installing iOS 6

norrisja

Reaction score
My iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 has been jail broken and is stable. I have a developers account with Apple. My question is how do unjailbreak my phone to install iOS 6.0?

My iPhone 4S running 5.1.1 has been jail broken and is stable. I have a developers account with Apple. My question is how do unjailbreak my phone to install iOS 6.0?

Plug your phone in to itunes and click restore.

You do not need to unjailbreak, just restore with the iOS 6 beta 1 firmware that you downloaded from your developer portal. Restoring the beta firmware will unjailbreak the device automatically.

Hmmmm....a question like that and he has a developer account? Good luck with that iOS 6 buddy.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Hmmmm....a question like that and he has a developer account? Good luck with that iOS 6 buddy.

LOL i know right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapalol

Just having a developers account is t enough to use iOS beta software.

You have to pay $$$$$.

Yes and Paying $$$$ is Even more of a reason and motivation to be familiar with the software. He will be testing the software for bugs, compatibility and ideas for improvement....I say again hmmmm....LoL.

It's highly recommended that you don't install betas on your primary phone.
The first beta firmwares that come out are normally pretty unstable. Best to wait until the beta firmware has been updated a few times, or just waiting patiently for the official update. ;)
Lol!