What's new

Increased Battery drain on 4s after 5.1.1 jailbreak!??

gibbomufc

Reaction score
Hi guys n girls,

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed an increase in battery drain after the latest 5.1.1 jailbreak!?.

When it's idle it seems not to bad, but when I'm using the phone it seems to drain quicker, yes I know it's going to drain anyway as I'm using the phone, but I've noticed it drains more quickly since the jailbreak!.

I haven't got no major tweaks as of yet, just the odd view...
Infinitifolders
Gridlock
Five icon dock
Ifile
Nonewsisgoodnews
Bytafont
Cydelete
Ishshit
Passwordpilot
Respring

Any tips?

Regards

Gibbo

Do a hard boot hold the power button down and the home button down at same time until you see apple logo.

See if that clears it up.

I on iphone 4 not 4s and i have no issues.

My battery is at 57% from full charge been on phone for 1hr and also browsing internet for 2-3hrs.
so thats typical.
It could also be one of the tweaks or apps you installed.

Hi guys n girls,

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed an increase in battery drain after the latest 5.1.1 jailbreak!?.

When it's idle it seems not to bad, but when I'm using the phone it seems to drain quicker, yes I know it's going to drain anyway as I'm using the phone, but I've noticed it drains more quickly since the jailbreak!.

I haven't got no major tweaks as of yet, just the odd view...
Infinitifolders
Gridlock
Five icon dock
Ifile
Nonewsisgoodnews
Bytafont
Cydelete
Ishshit
Passwordpilot
Respring

Any tips?

Regards

Gibbo
Gibbo, I have a 4s recently jailbroken on 5.1.1 and almost the exact tweaks u have, but, my battery life compared to 5.0.1 has DRAMATICALLY increased. But I think I did something you may haven't yet. Did you recondition the battery? Let the battery run down (without ever plugging in since last charge) to between 2-5% and then do a full change, without using at all, to 100%. And then leave on charger for 2 hours beyond 100%. I think you'll see a pretty major change. I did. You actually need to do this to your battery every 25 or so charges to keep it reading correctly.

I actually jailbroken my phone and I noticed an excessive battery drain without installing any tweaks. I have not tried the battery drain then charge. We shall see.

Perhaps the increase in battery drain is due to the fact that Cydia is there now and the screen is on longer because you're exploring it?

XamDam said:
Do a hard boot hold the power button down and the home button down at same time until you see apple logo.

See if that clears it up.

I on iphone 4 not 4s and i have no issues.

My battery is at 57% from full charge been on phone for 1hr and also browsing internet for 2-3hrs.
so thats typical.
It could also be one of the tweaks or apps you installed.

My iPhone 4 sinse the last update - the battery actually seems to be lasting a bit longer

ardchoille said:
Perhaps the increase in battery drain is due to the fact that Cydia is there now and the screen is on longer because you're exploring it?

Turn the screen brightness down , keep phone on ice! Lol hotter the phone is the faster it drains