What's new

In app notifications with the Facebook app.

96magnumram

Reaction score
Is anybody else getting a "CONNECTION ERROR" when they manually refresh their IN APP notifications? Please see the attachment for a screen shot of what I am talking about. Everything else with the Facebook app works properly, I just keep getting this message when trying to manually refresh my notifications.

$photo.jpg

EDIT: I just wanted to add, that this problem started the other night and has not subsided since. I have tried logging out and back into my Facebook app, rebooting the phone...but nothing seems to resolve it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I've said it many times before (LOL!!!!) Facebook has to be one of the all-time buggiest apps IMO!! With the attempts you've already listed... have you tried deleting the app and redownloading?

Honestly, I've said it many times before (LOL!!!!) Facebook has to be one of the all-time buggiest apps IMO!! With the attempts you've already listed... have you tried deleting the app and redownloading?
yes i agree,my first thought was that it will be Facebook,i think you will find that it will just go by itself.

yes i agree,my first thought was that it will be Facebook,i think you will find that it will just go by itself.

And you my friend would be exactly right...I am happy to say that it just fixed itself a couple minutes ago. After doing some searches on the Facebook app for both iOS and Android, I dont see how with as large and popular as Facebook is and with it being the 500 pound gorilla of social networking, how their app is so damn buggy.

And you my friend would be exactly right...I am happy to say that it just fixed itself a couple minutes ago. After doing some searches on the Facebook app for both iOS and Android, I dont see how with as large and popular as Facebook is and with it being the 500 pound gorilla of social networking, how their app is so damn buggy.
Hey thats great,facebook is such a pain at times,i think they mess with it too much,thanks for getting back to us.

Facebook app has been absolutely AWFUL lately !
I'm going to uninstall and reinstall I had te same FB app forever it could be the reason.????

It is a gorilla sized app... If it wasn't to upload my pictures is remove it.
I think FB has high demands and can't fill it.