What's new

iMovie Updated to 1.1 Today

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iMovie.jpg

Along with the release of iOS 4.1 today, Apple has also issued an update for iMovies for iPhone 4 and the new fourth-generation iPod touch. MacWorld reports that the update adds such new functions as being able to split video clips, automatic music looping when the video extends past the music track, and a list of helpful tips to enable the user to perfect their movie-making skills.Other notable additions to the app include the ability to scrub to preview clips in the Video Browser, a rearranged Photo Browser that now has the most recent images at the top, and a mute symbol that tells you when a video clip's sound has been disabled.

If you don't already have iMovie, you can download the updated version from the App Store here for $4.99, but bear in mind that it will only run on an iPhone 4 or fourth-generation iPod touch.

Source: MacWorld, iTunes

I found it quite useful for a little 60 second video I made the other week, I have no interest in doing anything with the video's on my computer so the iMovie app is perfect for me. I was left feeling that the app could of done soo much more after using it though. Because it was so easy to use I just kept thinking of more idea's, hopefully with each update more and more features will be added.

it took me two seconds, i still cant use it to save my life. its confuses me and is annoying to use. i gotta spend more time using it, but even if i fully understand it i dont think ill be using it much, i rather just make videos use the default editor and use that, there is nothing in imovie to make it worth using like being able to add text or add other parts of another video in the current project, or adding TEXT such a simple thing i cant work out how to do any of it.

Lol I can add text.

In my video I put a photo at the beginning then it transformed into the video clip, 1st clip was 30 seconds and then it transformed into the second video (another 30 seconds) finally finished off with a picture. There was music playing all the way through and also different text in the first and second clip.

Basic enough for what I needed, will have to check out what the new features are.

oh i thought there would be some features im just not seing. will have to play around with it more