What's new

iMessage SMS scam, be careful

Yptcn

Reaction score
A few moments ago I got a message saying my daughter ( It gave her name) had left me a voice message and that I should call a number to listen to it .
The number was an overtaxed one at €0,34 /mn .
I often get calls from those numbers ( 0899----)which I never answer , but it's the first time I get a message with a name .
I'm in France FYI but I guess it could happen anywhere ...
Better be safe than sorry....

Yptcn said:
A few moments ago I got a message saying my daughter ( It gave her name) had left me a voice message and that I should call a number to listen to it .
The number was an overtaxed one at €0,34 /mn .
I often get calls from those numbers ( 0899----)which I never answer , but it's the first time I get a message with a name .
I'm in France FYI but I guess it could happen anywhere ...
Better be safe than sorry....

How on earth would or could they get your daughters number?

Thank you but if i know Youre number for some reasson. I always can iMessage you!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The SMS wasn't from my daughters number but with her name. I deleted the message right away which was dumb because after that , I found out that in France we can forward spam sms to a number . Here is the web site : ***Moderation Notice: Deleted Outside Link***It's in French but I guess the same thing must exist in other countries , to find it I Googled " Spam Mobile ". I hope this helps !I have now made an entry in my contacts with that number if needed for future use...I was wrong to name this tread iMessage SMS as it was actually an SMS I got , sorry for this .

Last edited by a moderator:
dengirl said:

That would scare me:-(
Here's a suggestion I learned from the police.. Google the phone number see what comes up:-(
I was getting threats and it was all a scam and all over google.the phone number when I said I was going to Police they hung up.

Yptcn said:
The SMS wasn't from my daughters number but with her name. I deleted the message right away which was dumb because after that , I found out that in France we can forward spam sms to a number . Here is the web site : ***Moderation Notice: Deleted Outside Link***It's in French but I guess the same thing must exist in other countries , to find it I Googled " Spam Mobile ". I hope this helps !I have now made an entry in my contacts with that number if needed for future use...I was wrong to name this tread iMessage SMS as it was actually an SMS I got , sorry for this .

I'm just confused how they knew your daughters name? I understand spam that is why I actually have spam blocked with my number but the daughter part really bothers me for you

I'm just confused how they knew your daughters name? I understand spam that is why I actually have spam blocked with my number but the daughter part really bothers me for you

I have no idea but it really bugs me !
What do you mean by "spam blocked with my number" ?

Note to moderators : Please excuse my posting an outside link...I didn't think , just wanted to be helpful ;-(

Yptcn said:
I have no idea but it really bugs me !
What do you mean by "spam blocked with my number" ?

Note to moderators : Please excuse my posting an outside link...I didn't think , just wanted to be helpful ;-(

I just mean with Verizon I have it set up where they block text messages from web so I don't get spam like that through web sites I have never gotten a text from anyone I didn't give number to except for the occasional oopps number meaning a wrong number but that has been very rare