What's new

iMessage problem

suej

Reaction score
When I send a txt using iMessage my txts come up as my email address why? And how can I rectify this

When I send a txt using iMessage my txts come up as my email address why? And how can I rectify this

Go to settings and then messages, click into received at then caller ID then select number rather than email.

iHolophyte

I've got a 3GS, I followed what you said but have nowhere on there that says caller id?

Found the caller id and it is already on number not email?
This is so frustrating

I've got a 3GS, I followed what you said but have nowhere on there that says caller id?

Ahhhh, I wonder if the 3GS isn't the same set up as the iPhone 4/4s. Hopefully someone else maybe able to help. 😄

iHolophyte

It is yes
The messages come up blue which indicates I'm using iMessage that's when my friends say ur comes up with my email addy if I turn it off the message bubble is green then it comes up with just my name???
I'm so confused

suej said:
It is yes
The messages come up blue which indicates I'm using iMessage that's when my friends say ur comes up with my email addy if I turn it off the message bubble is green then it comes up with just my name???
I'm so confused

This is how it's suppose to be. iMessage "is" an email address. You cannot change this. You can only change what the "Caller ID" says. Settings> Messages> Recieve At: 2 Addresses> Caller ID> Check your phone number instead of the email address.

When iMessaging between an iPhone and a none -Cellular data iDevice, it will show as an email address because they do not have a cellular phone number. So when an iPad receives an iMessage from an iPhone, the email address will show, because the phone number is of no use.

When sending an iMessage from an iPhone to an iPhone, only then can phone numbers be shown. Make sense?

Yeh I understand that but my daughter in law has an iPhone and yet it still comes up with my email addy?????

suej said:
Yeh I understand that but my daughter in law has an iPhone and yet it still comes up with my email addy?????

So.....why would that matter really? It shows as an email address. No big deal really. But like I said. Change the Caller ID settings in Settings.app.