What's new

Imessage doesn't show 'delivered'

Sarena6436

Reaction score
Hey there,

I sent an imessage (blue) to bf's iPhone, the bar above was pushed through when sending the message but there were no under-text-notifications such as 'delivered' or 'not delivered'. And my bf couldn't receive any messages from me neither can he send any to me (all of them show not delivered)
It's not the network connection problem as I have a stable connection as well as his. His phone was on the whole day as well.

I realised that it started not showing 'deliver' under messages after I was sending a voice memo. I went out of wifi range with the iPod once it had been 'pushed' through, not showing it has delivered yet. Could it be a network transit traffic which causes messages sent after the voice memo to get stuck since the voice memo was never delivered?

I have tried:
Rebooting the device a few times
Switching imessage on and off
Resetting network settings
Creating a new apple ID

None of the above has helped.

Further suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Sarena

Were your iMessages working fine before?

When you say "reboot" have you held the power button and the home button down together until the apple logo appears? Also, try double clicking the home button and "closing" the message app.

You mean double clicking home when the imessage is on the screen?(while using imessage)

And yes I did mean that as reboot

Double click the home button no matter what is on the screen. At the bottom your "open" apps will appear and have a red disc so that you can close them. Close the message icon. You can close others you aren't using either..

I was just wondering if I send a picture via mms from my iPhone to another iPhone would it be free???