What's new

iMessage doesn't say delivered

Dztf

Reaction score
I was talking to my friend yesterday through iMessage. It seemed fine. Today we were messaging again and everything seemed fine until one time when my message stopped saying delivered. It didn't even show "not delivered". Just out the blue and I know that the person doesn't have their phone off. Could I've been blocked?

I was talking to my friend yesterday through iMessage. It seemed fine. Today we were messaging again and everything seemed fine until one time when my message stopped saying delivered. It didn't even show "not delivered". Just out the blue and I know that the person doesn't have their phone off. Could I've been blocked?

There's a couple variables at play here. Does the person your messaging, have an iPhone? If so, they may have little to no data signal (3G, 4G, LTE, etc. Or Wi-Fi). With this in mind, make sure you have "Send As SMS" enabled. Go into settings>messages> send as SMS. This enables your iPhone to use standard SMS (green Bubbles) over iMessage if either your iPhone, or your friends' have poor signal. Standard SMS will always be delivered.

There's a couple variables at play here. Does the person your messaging, have an iPhone? If so, they may have little to no data signal (3G, 4G, LTE, etc. Or Wi-Fi). With this in mind, make sure you have "Send As SMS" enabled. Go into settings>messages> send as SMS. This enables your iPhone to use standard SMS (green Bubbles) over iMessage if either your iPhone, or your friends' have poor signal. Standard SMS will always be delivered.
Yeah, he has iPhone. It is kinda weird, because it was working just yesterday perfectly. It has been many hours and still nothing.

See the above advise, your friends signal strength may have changed and iMessage will not deliver to a weak signal, unless you have it set to send as SMS if that happens.

See the above advise, your friends signal strength may have changed and iMessage will not deliver to a weak signal, unless you have it set to send as SMS if that happens.
Thanks, is there any posibility that the person could mute my messages or put me on "do not disturb"?

it would still say delivered if the recipient had you on Do Not Disturb.

When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.

I turnt on the send as sms notiffication, but still doesn't work.