What's new

I'm so annoyed I can't unlock my iphone 4

4.2.1 and 03.10.01

i sold it , but then they emailed me saying they had cancelled the listing because i was "encouraging illegal activity" by selling a phone locked to a foreign carrier

it did what now? :S move by apple to stop people buying locked phones and unlocking it..

you just have to wait it out then and wait for an unlock for that firmware and baseband.. or use another website to sell it.

I don't know why but your not allowed to sell iPhones internationally. It's not just eBay. For example, you can't sell an iPhone locked to AT&T to the UK but you can sell it in the USA. I don't think your allowed to sell factory unlocked iPhones to country's that don't officially have them either...

When I sold my iPhone on eBay, it went to a seller from the Ukraine, it was locked to AT&T but jailbroke. I had no issues

I don't know why but your not allowed to sell iPhones internationally. It's not just eBay. For example, you can't sell an iPhone locked to AT&T to the UK but you can sell it in the USA. I don't think your allowed to sell factory unlocked iPhones to country's that don't officially have them either...

sounds to me they are really trying to clamp down on people selling iphones locked to countries that dont have the carrier to save the carriers money... they make their money from the contracts but if you get out of them by unlocking it then they lose money and they try everything to stop it.. selling att locked iphone in america they asume you will use att or soon verizon but if you send a att locked phone to ukraine they know you will try unlock/jailbreak

When I sold my iPhone on eBay, it went to a seller from the Ukraine, it was locked to AT&T but jailbroke. I had no issues

thats exactly why.. they dont want you doing that.. they lose money from people buying locked to att and jb and unlocking, that seems a popular carrier to buy it from and then try use it in another country.