What's new

I'm new to this

RonaldSmithJr

Reaction score
I used to root android devices but this is my new iPhone 6 plus. I upgraded to the iOS 9 beta. I want to know if I jailbreak, will I still be able to receive OTAs without problems, and I am using Verizon 128 gigabyte version of iPhone 6 plus. I don't know if my boot loader has to be unlock or not to jailbreak. Is it possible to unlock the Verizon iPhone 6 plus boot loader? I know Verizon locked down boot loaders on android phones. What file manager for rooted iPhones will you recommend for the iPhone? I want a good file manager that is in active development and not abandon ware. I using Microsoft Windows to do jail break because I don't have a Apple computer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll have to downgrade to iOS 8.4, the current software. As far as I know there's no jailbreak for iOS 9 beta so far.

I don't have the full iOS 8 stock image to downgrade to.

Where can I get the full iOS 8.4 image at?

Hello J.A. , I did read your other reply, but I didn't backup the ios8.4 before I did the upgrade.

Thanks J. A., I followed the instructions you gave me and the iTunes downloaded the fUll iOS 8.4 image and I successfully downgraded from iOS 9 beta to iOS 8.4.

You'll have to downgrade to iOS 8.4, the current software. As far as I know there's no jailbreak for iOS 9 beta so far.
Beta versions of iOS have built in expiry dates, which makes developing and releasing jailbreaks for them quite limited in usefulness. Beta jailbreaks are more of use in preparation for jailbreaking the public release version.

Is jailbreak damage the iPhone 6plus

The jailbreaking process in itself cannot damage your iPhone. You may cause problems if you install tweaks and apps from other than reputable repos.

Thanks for your reply otherwise I am confuse either I will go for jaibreak or not? Thanks once again

Jailbreak disables or prevents OTA iOS updates from downloading in the background which is a good thing. If you follow instructions to the letter you will have a successful jailbreak with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk