What's new

Im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoLDSuN

Reaction score
What are you talking about in my last post that u closed before I could answer. I'm a pirate and what I did was illegal??? What are u talking about?! I jailbroke and installed a cydia app. How is that illegal?? And I got my phone fixed anyways thnx.

KoLDSuN said:
What are you talking about in my last post that u closed before I could answer. I'm a pirate and what I did was illegal??? What are u talking about?! I jailbroke and installed a cydia app. How is that illegal?? And I got my phone fixed anyways thnx.

If you used a repo that allows you to download cracked, free apps that otherwise normally cost money, that is piracy. They are very sensitive about that around here. Yet it seems like they are selective with their morals, as most would probably not remove the jailbreak from their phone if it becomes illegal. A double standard if you will... Anyways, glad you fixed whatever problem you had.

Here is what the moderator posted:
Wait! Let me make sure I got this straight: You jail broke your iPhone 4S, put some apps on it from Cydia. Then, you installed a piracy repo and now your iPhone doesn't work properly. And - you're whining to the forum about it?!?!?

Serves you right!

iPhone Forums does not condone piracy, whether it's to actually conduct it or to discuss it, to include apps and repos to enable piracy. Not only is it against our rules, it's
illegal. Don't be a pirate!

You will have to find help elsewhere. You will not receive assistance here. We don't help thieves who wish to steal apps from developers.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPhoneForums.net

Your post "when I put xsellize in and it went to reboot it got stuck on a frozen spin. I tried to restore in DFU, I tried to restore in recovery" was the rational. We do NOT support repos that contain cracked or free apps. was the genesis of the moderators reply.

I trust this clarifies.

This thread is closed!

Yet it seems like they are selective with their morals, as most would probably not remove the jailbreak from their phone if it becomes illegal. A double standard if you will... Anyways, glad you fixed whatever problem you had.

LOL! There is a HUGE difference between downloading a premium Cydia or App Store app for free and jailbreaking your device. It is not a double-standard at all. Jailbreaking itself is not piracy in any way shape or form and it never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.