What's new

I'm lost loster than lost! iphone 5s & ios 8.4 rollback to 8.0 HOW?

yorkshireman

Reaction score
Hiya guys hope your all well? im new here so a BIG hi!
Anyways ive just been given my brothers iphone 5s (A1457) im used to unlocking and using custom ROM's on Android devices and this has well and truly thrown me? ok this is where i am atm, I need to unlock it as its locked to VP & im with 3 on a monthly contract ive DL'd the likes of "Evasion" & "Pangu" to jailbreak/unlock it and they wont do either as the phone is on IOS 8.4 & the software only works on upto 8.1 so i am trying to roll it back to 8.0 or 8.1 & EVERY time i try to do a complete fresh instal i am getting "The file is not compatible with your device" ?? i have got the ios 8 of these files and neither of them are working in DFU mode? " iPhone6,1_8.0_12A365_Restore" & " iPhone6,2_8.1_12B411_Restore" when i DL them the files i was supposed to be getting where the correct ones "Apparently" for the A1457 model BUT im not sure if they are? i cant find any help anywhere on this? PLEASE can anyone help me im at the end of my tether with it all?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, yorkshireman!

It's not possible to revert to iOS 8 or 8.1. The only version you'll be able to install is 8.4, the most recent one.

To unlock the iPhone, you'll have to contact the carrier. That's the only one that'll be able to unlock your device. Jailbreaking won't help in this case.

Last edited:
J.A.is correct. In addition, unlocking and jail breaking are two different things. Any iPhone can be unlocked by the service provider so that you may change providers provided the account holder has met certain requirements. The IOS version is not consequential for this.

Last edited: