What's new

iHome products

priester68

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used any of the iHome products? Some of the stores here Walgreens and Office Depot especially carry a bunch of iHome products and I was wondering if they were any good or just junk. Being new to the iphone, 2 days now, I'm noticing how much cool stuff is out there for it and I'm ready to make my Christmas list. They have 2 really cool looking clock/radio/charging docks I would love to have if they aren't junk.

I have a dual charge iluv clock radio and it's perfect for charging, I often find the kids iPhone or touch charging when I want to charge. However the clock feature is weak and the radio option is. Very clumsy. But it nice to be able to play your I stuff through the unit.

I have an IP90 that I have had to modify to work with my iPhone 5. I have had it for several years and it has excellent sound and worked very well with my iPhone 4. When I got an iPhone 5 I had to get the small converter from Apple that has a female 30 pin socket to a male lightening connector. I had to build a support behind the iPhone so that it would not stress the connector.

I got an IDL95 for my wife. The unit works perfectly as designed. I was thrilled (at first) that iHome had finally produced a radio that worked with the iPhone 5.

However

1. Why do designers of iPhone connecter products never imagine that users do not have protective cases that have some thickness in the connector area that (in the case of the IDL95) prevent making contact with the connector???
2. So you believe that NO ONE uses AM anymore??!!?? Not to be believed.

Two things that have to be learned and learned well...

Everyone that values their iPhone has a case and they do not want to remove it each time they go to bed... I really don't want to have to modify the case because the designer of the iHome DL95 did not consider that EVERYONE has a protective case!!!

Just because I am "modern" enough that I have an iPhone 5 does not mean that I do not listen to AM radio. Most of the popular news stations and talk radio stations are still on AM.

If anyone in this forum knows why it is smart to make an FM only radio or to make a connector that ignores the fact that most people have iPhone cases, I would surely like to hear the answer.