What's new

If I download a TV season off of itunes..

Grimreaper

Reaction score
So i've never actually purchased anything off of the itunes store yet. I received a gift card so I thought I would try it out. I was just browsing the itunes store and I saw that there was a free TV show available. I downloaded it, and expected it to go to my home screen like the games do. But it didn't, I had to go to my "purchased" section in the itunes store and watch it from there. Is that just because it was a free download or is that how everything works? If I downloaded a season of the Simpsons, would I have to go to the itunes store and have a wifi connection everytime I wanted to watch it? Or would it just go to my homescreen like the games and apps do?
Thanks

It wouldn't go to your home screen, but if I'm not mistaken, it should go directly to the videos app.

The only reason you had to download it over wifi, was due to the size of the file. After downloading, you should be able to watch it offline through the stock video app

thanks, I didn't even think to look in the videos app, haha. Another question though. Is there any way to tell how much space a tv episode will use up BEFORE you download it? I don't want to download a tv season and have it take up 3 gigs. And also, If you delete a show or season you've downloaded, can you redownload it for free? And If I buy it on my ipod can I download it for free on my ipad? thanks.

thanks, I didn't even think to look in the videos app, haha. Another question though. Is there any way to tell how much space a tv episode will use up BEFORE you download it? I don't want to download a tv season and have it take up 3 gigs. And also, If you delete a show or season you've downloaded, can you redownload it for free? And If I buy it on my ipod can I download it for free on my ipad? thanks.

Anything you download from iTunes appears in your purchased list and can be re-downloaded without further cost. It can also be downloaded to any other iOS devices and computers you own with the same iTunes account at no cost. You only have to pay once,

Last edited:
It use to be a drag if you wanted to add and remove videos. It use to be your have to connect and sync with iTunes. Now you can go to the iTunes app, and download it onto your iOS device over wifi with the cloud.

Before you purchase anything from iTunes it may be worthwhile to open a Netflix account. Many of the TV shows and movies are on Netflix (around $10.00 a month) and you can watch them over your regular phone connection, LTE and wifi.

Also when purchasing videos, besides from high definition videos being a little more expensive, they also take up over twice the memory. If you still want high definition stuff you can sync with iTunes and have the option of downloading standard definition videos when you want.